Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Many of my best pals on facebook talk in 'bulldog', and when talking with friends and family- who don't understand dog language seen on my wall, they think it is pretty weird. Some have asked me about my friends and why they talk like that. :lol:

So what do you think of dog talk? I think it's pretty cute (if done so it is understandable), although I think some go overboard with it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Gets on my nerves!! I do baby talk to Vegas but that is at home. Just being honest. I rarely see it that it is not overboard! OK.... I am a grouch....I just did a 12 hour shift and have to get up and do it again tomorrow, so maybe I do like it.......No..... it gets on my nerves.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i like it to a point but someone i wanna strangle when they use the dog talk!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I'm not on facebook, so not sure what this is... Is it where someone sort of makes his dog talk baby talk? If it's a puppy, maybe. But I think it's sort of dumb when it's a big, tough looking adult male. Hope this is what we're talking about... [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]: Go get some sleep

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think it's cute to a point. To a very very very very very very very very very small point. If I have to ?????? and reread the dog talk I get irritated and wonder ??????
Now, I do admit when I post a status update under Vegas...it will be as him saying it. It's usually something like...."Orion stinks. She needs a bath." or "Orion is biting my money maker". Nothing over the top. I may say....birfday or lubb you. But I think that's it. That's where I draw the line.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], why because I am a total grouch? :lol:, I have to unwind, having to talk and entertain for 12 hours straight to all the drunks and idiots makes me kind of wild when I get off. My plan is 11.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], now that makes me feel like I am not just being a grouch, it does get on my nerves, especially when I have to take time to read and understand it. If I don't get it the first time I just move on, I will not re-read!

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Occasionally if it's on facebook and if it's supposed to be the bulldog saying it then it's ok .... but only if the "talk" is only slightly changed. I'm with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], that if it's so obscure that I have to read it a few times to understand it then somebody pass the sick bag! :barf: (that's the first opportunity I've had to use that emoticon :up:)

So that's on facebook ... but I think I've come across it on here one or two times, and to me this is not the place for it. It kinda annoys me ... maybe I need to go take a nap with [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ..... :lol:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] now you know i feel lmao... least you get to deal with the good side of them (sometimes) i get the mean fighting side :curse:

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION], if I may ask what do you do?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] im a 9-11 dispatcher for the city and county

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] - Those are such tough jobs. I'd be fired the first day if I don't quit first. lol.

As for the topic, don't really know how to speak in 'bulldog' so I don't really participate. :lol:

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION], Oh OUCH, No I live and bartend in snowbird city in FL. where all the "retires" have nothing better to do than sit and drink all day and fight for my attention. Never thought I would say this but thank god I am A.D.D., they can be telling me an hour long story, while I am thinking what I did last week, last year, when I was 4, lol, and what I have to do after work. As I sit and smile and nod. It kind of gets me through the day I hate to complain because they all love me and I make beyond fabulous money, but good god I don't want to hear about their prostate problems, hemroids , or their new false teeth not fitting well!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] im the same way when the chief officers deputies ems fire dept are in my office comlaining about something and i just sit smile and nod...wait i do that all the time even to jeff lmao

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] You both are too funny!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.