Legs falling asleep??

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
The last week or so when our 3 month old Bully goes to get up he seems to have issues with his back and sometimes front legs. They seem to fall asleep and he will yelp a little. But only once in a while. Does your bully's legs fall asleep? Not sure if this is normal or if it something I should get checked out. I notice when he walks after getting up he doesn't walk straight he walks almost well like his is drunk if that makes sense. Also is it normal for a bully to push off with there back legs then stand up with there front legs? Hope this makes sense.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Bullies do tend to have leg issues, limping and that sort of thing… if you could post a video that would be great so we can see exactly what you are talking about!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do go through some growing pains sometimes, look at the food you are giving and make sure it is not high in protein, it should be no more than about 27% protein. I would just watch him for a bit and see if he improves, if not or if he gets worse, then a vet visit will be in order.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
video would be great if you can get one, but also as david stated, watch and if it continues have the vet check it

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Being clumsy or stiff after a long night sleep maybe, (especially in the winter ) but the yelp is concerning. I would have him checked out. :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Has your bully been Vet checked, I would be concerned about the yelping.
Post a video so the group here can see the behavior and please, keep us
updated. I know it's scary to hear if there IS a issue but better to know
now if there is. Sending hugs of support & strength!

Most Reactions