EBSHIBA31

Dec 3, 2014
Los Angeles, California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BOWSER
haha this is exactly what Bowser does! he'll bark or whine to let us know he needs to go out. Sometimes if he's gotta go #2 and the door isn't open for him to go outside, he'll walk throughout the house searching for a spot that feels right to relieve himself.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Pretty AND smart:) Bulldogs are very clever, I think people just don't think so cos they are so independent and do what they want.

Agreed! Everyone tells me how lazy and non-intelligent bullies are. Chubbs still isn't lazy but he's still a puppy. Intelligence, he definitely has! I just think people are naïve.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Agreed! Everyone tells me how lazy and non-intelligent bullies are. Chubbs still isn't lazy but he's still a puppy. Intelligence, he definitely has! I just think people are naïve.

For sure, most Bulldogs might not care to learn ticks but if they are willing they can do anything. I've never come across a breed that's so humanized, they are incredibly good at showing emotions even though none bulldog people just see a grumpy face. I would put them very high when it comes to intelligence, for them to be so independent and do what they want rather than what they are told are making them smart asses in my book:tongue:

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
They are SUPER humanized.

Bella prefers to be carried up the stairs, even though she can easily go up herself. She's gotten into the habit of waiting at the base of stairs...all stairs...for me to carry her. I've started leaving her there while I go up myself. We have a brief stare down and battle of wills as I wait for her to follow me up the stairwell. She'll wait a bit, whine, and then with an annoyed huff-growl, run up the stairs. LOL, so funny!

I laugh to myself and think: I'm stubborn, too, bully girl. :tongue:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Bulldogs are so smart. Congrats...doesn't matter who is training whom as long as the mistakes become far and few between. Happy New Years!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
For sure, most Bulldogs might not care to learn ticks but if they are willing they can do anything. I've never come across a breed that's so humanized, they are incredibly good at showing emotions even though none bulldog people just see a grumpy face. I would put them very high when it comes to intelligence, for them to be so independent and do what they want rather than what they are told are making them smart asses in my book:tongue:

I totally agree, [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] They are a lot like donkeys, actually!(smart asses....) People think donkeys are stupid and stubborn-well sometimes(often) stubborn, but not stupid,for sure! A donkeys wants to think things over before they do something. They want to make sure it is a good plan,and that they will not get hurt if they do it. You can not rush a donkey-you have to make them think it is a good idea, and it is their idea-I guess thats why, I (most of the time) knew how to "trick"(some people might say train) the bullies. Mine are not trick trained-but they are mostly tricked!!ha!ha!! (or perhaps it's ME that is tricked.....;):ashamed:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I totally agree, @Petra They are a lot like donkeys, actually!(smart asses....) People think donkeys are stupid and stubborn-well sometimes(often) stubborn, but not stupid,for sure! A donkeys wants to think things over before they do something. They want to make sure it is a good plan,and that they will not get hurt if they do it. You can not rush a donkey-you have to make them think it is a good idea, and it is their idea-I guess thats why, I (most of the time) knew how to "trick"(some people might say train) the bullies. Mine are not trick trained-but they are mostly tricked!!ha!ha!! (or perhaps it's ME that is tricked.....;):ashamed:

Our oldest bulldog Joey won't do ANYTHING you tell her, you have to make her think she's making the decisions, lol. She's SO stubborn it's unreal. I thought she might have gone deaf at one point but she can hear clearly things she wants to hear... she's such a typical bulldog:tongue:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy

So true! They are great about showing their feelings.... never had a dog so sensitive before! When Izzy gets upset she will let me know that she is upset with me! Also.... non bulldog people can't see past their wrinkles... my mom always says when I send pics of Izzy "She is always so serious and grumpy!"

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I had a Lhasa Apso too... and he took a LOOONG time to train. Same with my Bichon Frise (he's still not entirely trained, unfortunately).

Bulldogs are super smart. They are so smart they can decide whether to listen or not. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So true! They are great about showing their feelings.... never had a dog so sensitive before! When Izzy gets upset she will let me know that she is upset with me! Also.... non bulldog people can't see past their wrinkles... my mom always says when I send pics of Izzy "She is always so serious and grumpy!"

People say the same thing when they see MY photo, not the dog's!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.