Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She's training me so well. :yes:

Let me first say that, previously, I owned a Lhasa Apso, who took a solid 2 years to become house trained. I take full responsibility for this poor training, but it was a very hard first 2 years of dog ownership.

Anyway, I decided to be much more diligent with Bella. When I first brought her home, I was taking her out every hour and giving her prime treats and exuberant loving when she goes outside. She learned almost immediately to pee and poop right when we go outside.

Of course, she's had a few accidents inside, even a few on my bed (one accident just 30 minutes after peeing outside, lol)...

But now, she's only 13 weeks old and she is alerting me when she needs to go out. When we're sleeping on the bed, she wakes me up to go out. If I'm sleeping on the couch, she puts her front paws on the couch to wake me. As some of you may have seen me post, part of her puppy holy terror routine is to do the same thing (put her front paws on the couch) but with jumping, barking, scratching, nipping, etc. :evil:

Last night I fell asleep on the couch and, during the night, she put her paws on the couch to wake me. I told her to get down as I thought she was just being a nuisance. I woke up to a nice poopy present on the floor. LOL

That was a great lesson for me! She tried to let me know. You'd better believe that, this morning, I hopped up off the couch when she woke me. LOL

I am not used to a dog this far advanced at 13 weeks old. She's a genius, I tell you! Please forgive me this post of bragging. I'm just not used to this. :eek:

No one ever tell me bulldogs aren't smart.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
image.jpgimage.jpg

Puppy pics for your viewing pleasure! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 161

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Aww bless, make me wanna buy another bulldog looking at her photo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a smart adorable baby!!! Good job Bella!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Pretty AND smart:) Bulldogs are very clever, I think people just don't think so cos they are so independent and do what they want.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Cali Doll Yes, she is a beautiful girl! I am happy that she is being so good about her potty going. Usually, just when you think you're in the "clear" they regress.
So be prepared, and don't be surprised it it does happen :unsure:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
What a little doll, she is such a beauty add very smart. Almost potty trained at her age is almost unheard of. Keep up the good work, and you can brag on her any time you want, especially if you post pics too. :)

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks everyone! Manydogs, I fully expected Bella to pee on the floor after I posted this thread. LOL. So far, so dry...

I know things probably wouldn't stay great forever, but I'm going to celebrate this goodness while it lasts. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending good thoughts that you will stay lucky!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh my what a beautiful baby!!!! Good for you for sticking with the training. I remember how hard those nighttime potties can be.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a babydoll.... and a genius!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online