Coyotes in Northern VA

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Florida is NOT country? LOL. We live in Texas but have property in Florida, all country. In okeechobee we have gators in the canal behind the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
When we first purchased our home about 5 yrs ago, the neighborhood was newly developed & I saw coyotes mostly at night. I could hear them more than anything. Because I'm a scardy cat no matter (even with another loose dog) - my husband bought me a tazer. Its small, but powerful and has a flashlight on it too. It's the kind that actually has to make contact, but honestly its the BEST thing ever. I've actually used it twice (not literally) but since it makes a really loud "taze noise" if that even makes sense... that actually scares them off. It rather loud... I've used it to scare one off when I was walking down the block to check the mailbox... the coyote was standing at the edge of the trees in the unfinished part looking out... and I used it once when there was a loose pit trying to charge us! The noise alone scared them off... I've never actually had to use it...and since the neighborhood is pretty much done in my area I haven't seen them anymore.... but I feel good knowing I have it & it will protect us, not only for another animals, but hey... a human too. You wouldn't believe how many people randomly stop us on walks to ask if we are breeding or willing to sell Tyson. Are they nuts?!?!? Anyway....for around $50, you can't go wrong!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.