Did you all see this on msn.com? Bulldogs are moving up!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I love bulldogs so of course I like this except that the more popular they get the more bad breeders there are and the more sick bulldogs you see in pet stores online ect. The all of those usually end up in rescue so i'm not really sure what to think of this.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it is good as long as long as EBN can continue to reach out to bulldog owners and help them be educated on Scams, breeders, and care of their bully!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I don't like it. It takes a special person to truly love all the weird things involved with owning a bully. I don't think you can give a person who isn't cut out for it enough information or education for them to change. It just takes a lot of time and effort to take care of them properly and most people just aren't willing to do it. Case in point, Samson needs his tail pocket cleaned on a regular basis. Until I came to EBN I only knew ONE person that would be willing to do that for a dog and I know alot of dog lovers. When I see that the first thing that comes to mind is oh great more are going to end up in the rescue. Hope thats not true though!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
This is a hard call. It may be a good thing, as long as it can make all EB owners more aware of their special needs. But most likely that will not be the case. I say we better ALL get out there handing out our EBN business cards to every EB owner we run into, so they can join us here and learn everything we're learning!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I still don't quite believe it because I rarely see any bulldogs in my city. Unless the owners keep them inside all the time. I think I've only seen 5 different bulldogs since I started 'noticing' them.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Labs are EVERYWHERE!! And so hyper!!
Jozi is asleep on her bed right now. That
is my kinda dog.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I rarely see bully's also, I'm surprised they have risen in registrations due to the economy. I do kind of like having a dog that is not seen everyday.. I'm selfish! :eek:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I still don't quite believe it because I rarely see any bulldogs in my city. Unless the owners keep them inside all the time. I think I've only seen 5 different bulldogs since I started 'noticing' them.
I thought the same thing. I have maybe seen two bulldogs in the past two years. I also know my vet only has 3 that they see, which made me nervous at 1st. Also, they are not cheap dogs...not saying that other dogs are cheap but when you buy a bullie you are not just buying a "dog". Alot goes with buying a bullie.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm haunted by the video I watched on facebook about the lady who had a hidden camera and was interviewing the guy who had 2 of every dog. The dog in the cage next to the shitzu actually chewed the shitzu's leg off...and the Jack*** had left the dog to heal on it's own.. They showed a bulldog caged up. They had a place to poop in the cage and a place to lay down on the concrete. They guy never let them out, in fact...when he had people who were interested in buying a puppy, they never even saw the horrible conditions that all the dogs were living in. They took the puppies to a clean staged area for the possible new owners to see the puppy.
I'm haunted. This is why I love EBN. I know you would all be haunted by it also.
I don't even know why I'm writing this. This post just reminded me of the video I saw awhile ago. It makes me so :angry:.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm haunted by the video I watched on facebook about the lady who had a hidden camera and was interviewing the guy who had 2 of every dog. The dog in the cage next to the shitzu actually chewed the shitzu's leg off...and the Jack*** had left the dog to heal on it's own.. They showed a bulldog caged up. They had a place to poop in the cage and a place to lay down on the concrete. They guy never let them out, in fact...when he had people who were interested in buying a puppy, they never even saw the horrible conditions that all the dogs were living in. They took the puppies to a clean staged area for the possible new owners to see the puppy.
I'm haunted. This is why I love EBN. I know you would all be haunted by it also.
I don't even know why I'm writing this. This post just reminded me of the video I saw awhile ago. It makes me so :angry:.

I remember that video .. it was an Amish puppy mill wasn't it??? AND yes.. very haunting!!! It took on a new meaning knowing that Daddy was saved from the amish puppy mill, but that his mother is still there. They couldn't convince the ":poo:-hole" to give her up aswell!!!

Let's hope in some ways that the popularity increase will also cause a price increase .... the high cost of a bulldog might keep some people from buying one. It's still true to a point that if you can't afford to buy a bulldog, then you sure can't afford to look after one!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i think its a bad idea they are getting popular.
today i saw a post on fb from our breeder that said no i will not give away free bullie puppies!!! well aparently some lady notified the breeder telling her that she wants her refund on the puppy she bought a yr ago in march cause the puppy has mites and she wont go to the vet she doesnt want a vet bill:angry::eek::confused::*(:curse:. the puppies have a 1yr contract on them and will expire feb 2nd. she wanted a free puppy but keep the bullie that had mites.... really??? the breeder doesnt know where she lives cause the lady moved and she wont tell her where. i1m so worried about this puppy not getting the care it needs it just breaks my heart and afraid that once it gets bad and infected she is gonna turn it over to one of the shelters... its awful shes gonna try some different things to try to find her and just take the puppy back. the breeder is going to contact the shelters and keep her updated if one is turned in

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
i think its a bad idea they are getting popular.
today i saw a post on fb from our breeder that said no i will not give away free bullie puppies!!! well aparently some lady notified the breeder telling her that she wants her refund on the puppy she bought a yr ago in march cause the puppy has mites and she wont go to the vet she doesnt want a vet bill:angry::eek::confused::*(:curse:. the puppies have a 1yr contract on them and will expire feb 2nd. she wanted a free puppy but keep the bullie that had mites.... really??? the breeder doesnt know where she lives cause the lady moved and she wont tell her where. i1m so worried about this puppy not getting the care it needs it just breaks my heart and afraid that once it gets bad and infected she is gonna turn it over to one of the shelters... its awful shes gonna try some different things to try to find her and just take the puppy back. the breeder is going to contact the shelters and keep her updated if one is turned in

... AND what would be interesting if this woman were to ask for an opposite sex puppy... because then it would be a sure case of an attempt at back yard breeding!!!

📰 Latest posts

Members online