Should I be concerned that my bully doesn't chew her food?

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She just inhales it. Really. Just now, she had a very holy terror puppy moment where she was jumping, biting everything, barking, running around in circles, biting some more, etc...then she started heaving and her breakfast came up. It was all completely whole (and obviously wet).

Concerning?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Two of mine just "vacuum" up their food! The other two eat slower because they actually CHEW it! I just mentioned to them this morning that they don't even taste it, because it is just sucked up in 30 seconds! If it worries you, you could get a slow feed bowl.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will be 6, he is, and always has been an inhaler. Never a problem.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks guys. What about the spitting up? I guess that was from her being holy terror active?

(It's a good thing she's gorgeous. LOL)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
None of them really chew their kibble, they just swallow it whole. After a pups eats, they should have some quiet time to let the food settle a bit before they go crazy with play. We will let ours play a little after they eat, but if they get too crazy, it's time for a nap, them they can play after.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thanks guys. What about the spitting up? I guess that was from her being holy terror active?

(It's a good thing she's gorgeous. LOL)

Like [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said, make her settle down after eating for a while. Vegas eats, go's potty and hit's the couch to snooze after he's done eating at his age.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
None of them really chew their kibble, they just swallow it whole. After a pups eats, they should have some quiet time to let the food settle a bit before they go crazy with play. We will let ours play a little after they eat, but if they get too crazy, it's time for a nap, them they can play after.

agreed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.