Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just found out my new English bulldog pup is completely deaf, breeder negotiating?

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just found out my new English bulldog pup is completely deaf, breeder negotiating?

Congratulations! I love deafness, what a blessing you have. First , let me explain . I am sign language interpreter, I will be entering my 20 years in the profession. I have been around deaf dogs and cats. It is normal that he will not wake up when he hears you come home . by instinct he might get up and sense your time of arrival from work. Please keep him , the little challenges will be so rewarding and you will just love him to death. Very good keep up the sign language commands. Have great adventure and do it for the dog sake he deserves a loving home just as if he was a hearing dog. Check with AKC how they handle this situation it will be interesting what they say. You will be so happy and this boy is worth every penny as a hearing dog. Well blessings to you do update on the process would love to hear about them.

Real Name
    Lucas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brixton
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just found out my new English bulldog pup is completely deaf, breeder negotiating?

I can't thank you guys enough for all the support. The input is all very helpful, I suppose its only right for this breed to have a great community. We will be making an baer appointment first thing monday morning and reaching out to the AKC once we have test results.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Manchego View Post
    I can't thank you guys enough for all the support. The input is all very helpful, I suppose its only right for this breed to have a great community. We will be making an baer appointment first thing monday morning and reaching out to the AKC once we have test results.
    Please keep us posted on how it goes and give the litte cutie hugs from all of us
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

We are here for you, if you have any questions concerning deaf dogs , I will do my best to reach out to you. He's such a cutie just want to hug him and sign to him keep us posted. I hope things go smoothly for you.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Good luck with everything and please write here about your experiences both with your special boy and what the AKC says. He truly looks so super cute<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

My Goodness Your Baby is Beautiful, I would not give him back to the breeder, he could go to someone who might abuse this Beautiful Baby, You guys are meant to keep him, I believe God put him in your hands because God know you are good people and would do right about this Bully. Please think again, Please keep this Bully Baby. Give him loads of kisses from me and Elmo.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Your puppy is just adorable and I'm so sorry the breeder isn't being
    helpful, just plain wrong! Not sure what's best to do but will pray
    over y'all, you'll know in your heart what is best for all.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't give him up because like others have pointed out you don't know his fate if returned. My mother has three deaf cats and they have no issues other than they can't hear, they use sign and respond well, they don't know the difference of being able to hear, just a different communication style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

He's truly a handsome boy. All the best to you in your decision making. I know this isn't what you planned.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by My Otis View Post
    My Goodness Your Baby is Beautiful, I would not give him back to the breeder, he could go to someone who might abuse this Beautiful Baby, You guys are meant to keep him, I believe God put him in your hands because God know you are good people and would do right about this Bully. Please think again, Please keep this Bully Baby. Give him loads of kisses from me and Elmo.
    "Like" no like button here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    "Like" no like button here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is! It's a little heart at the bottom of each post, although it's not seen from tapatalk. Wish it was!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    There is! It's a little heart at the bottom of each post, although it's not seen from tapatalk. Wish it was!
    Thank you for pointing it out to me. I am using tapatalk on my mobile device no wonder I don't see it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads