Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coins in a can

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Post Coins in a can

Good morning! I just have to share. As many of you know, Lola has been a terror! She bites, screams, doesn't listen, etc. Bascially she is out of control! We tried so many things one of them being spraying her on the face with water and telling her NO! That worked for a bit but not really. I read a suggestion on here about the coins in a can and OMG it's a miracle! Lola just see's the can and she automatically stops and submits! It's wonderful! Her biting has minimized tremendously! It's like magic! I'm not kidding! I am SOOOOO happy! I now am able to leave her out of her crate for most of the day and she hangs out with me all day long! The best part about it is that she is GOOD all day long (well, of course, she is a bully so most of the time she is great ) so I get to enjoy her so much better now! It's awesome! For all of you out there that have naughty puppies...try the coins in a can! It's fabulous!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coins in a can

That is great to hear! Maybe I should try that for the barking bullies I have.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

Yay! I'm glad that worked for you. I remember the early puppy days where I wondered if Hudson would ever be an obedient puppy. Now people tell us all the time how good he is. He's not perfect, and of course the Bulldog is not the perfect performer like a lab, but at least he listens...eventually.
    Our vet reminded us to expect backsliding here and there. Just like kids, puppies often go back to their old ways. Don't be discouraged if that happens. You've got your can of coins!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps you could explain what the coins in a can technique is and tell how to use it for dummies like me.. LOL Ive seen Cesar use it on his show but never paid attention to what he was doing. We don't need it with Gracie but am interested in hearing about it.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thats awesome! So glad to hear you found something that works!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Hurray for Lola! I'll bet this makes both of you happy!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

That is great! I am so happy to hear how well she is doing.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Yes! It is awesome! Thanks guys! @BruceP- we took a can and cut the top off of it. We then place some pennies in it and taped the lid back onto the can. Everytime she acts up- like bites, barks, etc we shake the can and tell her NO! It's amazing! @desertskybulldogs you should totally try it! I am not kidding...it's like magic for us! All I have to do now is just show her the can and stops. It's awesome! @ILuvHudson yes, I've totally realized that they do that. LOL! One day she is a perfect dog and then other days I can't help but think- Hum....are you bi-polar?!
    Last edited by bullmama; 01-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

So glad it's working for you! We did that with Belly and it worked for a week and I think we made her deaf cause she just ignores it now...she also loves getting sprayed with water *sigh* I'm going to be gray by the time she gets the biting out of her system...
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I have used this method with all of the pups I have ever had. Works like a charm!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

@Angelgirl~ NO! Don't say that! I totally know how frusterating that is! So, I met this lady who has a husky whom loves to be sprayed in the face. She made a mixture of water and a little bit of vinigar. Everytime her dog is being bad she sprays him in the mouth (careful not the eyes) and he hates it obviously. Now, if he see's the spray bottle he stops and minds. I'd try give it a shot! Good luck!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Wow! That is great! I havent heard of that technique but could see how it would work.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads