Coins in a can

giasmom

Feb 2, 2011
So glad I ran across this post!! I am going to try the can of coins trick with GIA! Love this EBN site!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
A beautifull baby like that and with that great name cant be bad mommy!:luv:
But yeah i have read about that and it seems to work, good for you!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
maybe i should try putting clothes on sparkles. lol. or maybe try the coin can. i'll let ya'll know how that goes for me too. lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
......*scurrying around to find a can....and coins....gotta hurry......ahhhh!!! got it :) Now pray this miracle works for me :(

[MENTION=1790]rayers[/MENTION] ... so did it?????????????

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I have a Lola as well, and she bites constantly! Unless she's really tired, that is. Hands, feet, face, clothes, the couch, it doesn't matter. If she can get her mouth on it she bites! I am hoping it is just puppy behavior, but in the mean time, I would love a solution! I will be trying the can of coins as soon as I get home! Is there a certain kind of can that works better (soda can vs. canned veggies, etc)??

TIA!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just got myself a can and coins too. Wow one small shake and the chaos stopped immediately. I didn't even have to shake it much. :up:

Barkley

Mar 4, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley
We LOVE the can trick here too! We have 3 cans, one for each child. My 9 year old even gives up her can to any guests that come over! Works great...no more scratches on the bare little feet. I'll have to try the vinegar & water...Barkley opened his mouth every time he saw the spray bottle. :)

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
I did this for my mastiff and it worked great! I tried this on my bully one time when he was a puppy and he looked at me like yeah right....that's not going to do anythinggggg lol.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I have a Lola as well, and she bites constantly! Unless she's really tired, that is. Hands, feet, face, clothes, the couch, it doesn't matter. If she can get her mouth on it she bites! I am hoping it is just puppy behavior, but in the mean time, I would love a solution! I will be trying the can of coins as soon as I get home! Is there a certain kind of can that works better (soda can vs. canned veggies, etc)??

TIA!
Luckily for me Biggie is an angel. I actually kind of worry that he doesn't really nibble at all... hmmm...
From my previous dog experience, I would personally reccomend the soda can, just because the noise is the key with this and Veggie cans are kind of thick.

Also, on another note, if you're apprehensive about cutting the can open; nuts, bolts, screws, nails and the like all work really well and fit into the mouth opening of the can. Then you just have to cover the mouth opening and not worry about gashing your hand open.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
We use these at work ( doggie daycare) and it is excellent. Just be careful not to over use it, or it will stop working.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Update: this is a miracle! Seriously, I can't say enough about how well this worked last night. I only had to shake the can a couple of times, saying 'NO BITE' and she stopped immediately. After that, all I had to do was move toward the can and she stopped. I have to say I feel bad about the worried, sad look in her eyes when I did shake it. I had no idea dogs could look so guilty! Thanks for the advice. I will be making a can for every room! I ended up using a soda can with a few pennies in it. They fit down the opening, no cutting required, then I just sealed the top with duct tape.

Most Reactions