Coins in a can

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Good morning! I just have to share. As many of you know, Lola has been a terror! She bites, screams, doesn't listen, etc. Bascially she is out of control! We tried so many things one of them being spraying her on the face with water and telling her NO! That worked for a bit but not really. I read a suggestion on here about the coins in a can and OMG it's a miracle! Lola just see's the can and she automatically stops and submits! It's wonderful! Her biting has minimized tremendously! It's like magic! I'm not kidding! I am SOOOOO happy! I now am able to leave her out of her crate for most of the day and she hangs out with me all day long! The best part about it is that she is GOOD all day long (well, of course, she is a bully so most of the time she is great ;)) so I get to enjoy her so much better now! It's awesome! For all of you out there that have naughty puppies...try the coins in a can! It's fabulous!!! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great to hear! Maybe I should try that for the barking bullies I have. :up:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Yay! I'm glad that worked for you. I remember the early puppy days where I wondered if Hudson would ever be an obedient puppy. Now people tell us all the time how good he is. He's not perfect, and of course the Bulldog is not the perfect performer like a lab, but at least he listens...eventually.
Our vet reminded us to expect backsliding here and there. Just like kids, puppies often go back to their old ways. Don't be discouraged if that happens. You've got your can of coins! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Perhaps you could explain what the coins in a can technique is and tell how to use it for dummies like me.. LOL Ive seen Cesar use it on his show but never paid attention to what he was doing. We don't need it with Gracie but am interested in hearing about it.

OP
LolaLove

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Yes! It is awesome! Thanks guys! [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]- we took a can and cut the top off of it. We then place some pennies in it and taped the lid back onto the can. Everytime she acts up- like bites, barks, etc we shake the can and tell her NO! It's amazing! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] you should totally try it! I am not kidding...it's like magic for us! All I have to do now is just show her the can and stops. It's awesome! [MENTION=1740]ILuvHudson[/MENTION] yes, I've totally realized that they do that. LOL! One day she is a perfect dog and then other days I can't help but think- Hum....are you bi-polar?! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
So glad it's working for you! We did that with Belly and it worked for a week and I think we made her deaf cause she just ignores it now...she also loves getting sprayed with water *sigh* I'm going to be gray by the time she gets the biting out of her system...

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I have used this method with all of the pups I have ever had. Works like a charm!

OP
LolaLove

LolaLove

Jan 11, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION]~ NO! Don't say that! I totally know how frusterating that is! So, I met this lady who has a husky whom loves to be sprayed in the face. She made a mixture of water and a little bit of vinigar. Everytime her dog is being bad she sprays him in the mouth (careful not the eyes) and he hates it obviously. Now, if he see's the spray bottle he stops and minds. I'd try give it a shot! Good luck! :)

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Glad you found something that worked!!
YAY for having you best friend with you again!!! :up:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=1700]LolaLove[/MENTION] thanks for the tip! She was just being terrible tonight...it's weird how when she has clothes on she's an angel, but you take them off her and she's a demon seed and won't stop biting feet or anything else close to her mouth. I had her in alpha 3 times tonight. I think it's time for puppy training class. Our last 2 dogs were a breeze.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
They've found some dogs are much calmer with clothes on. That's the premiss behind the the thunder shirt. The restriction is comforting and calming. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has noted it works with Orion.

That said thethundershirt we got Gracie to try to help with her fears didn't work. Mostly we think because it was designed for a much longer dog than she is, so doesn't cover her in the right places to be of much help. But being "bad" isn't her problem, she's just afraid if so much and doesn't do well with change of routine. There have been some improvements, but she may never get over all of her issues.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online