Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coins in a can

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Coins in a can

I did this for my mastiff and it worked great! I tried this on my bully one time when he was a puppy and he looked at me like yeah right....that's not going to do anythinggggg lol.
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    I have a Lola as well, and she bites constantly! Unless she's really tired, that is. Hands, feet, face, clothes, the couch, it doesn't matter. If she can get her mouth on it she bites! I am hoping it is just puppy behavior, but in the mean time, I would love a solution! I will be trying the can of coins as soon as I get home! Is there a certain kind of can that works better (soda can vs. canned veggies, etc)??

TIA!
    Luckily for me Biggie is an angel. I actually kind of worry that he doesn't really nibble at all... hmmm...
    From my previous dog experience, I would personally reccomend the soda can, just because the noise is the key with this and Veggie cans are kind of thick.

Also, on another note, if you're apprehensive about cutting the can open; nuts, bolts, screws, nails and the like all work really well and fit into the mouth opening of the can. Then you just have to cover the mouth opening and not worry about gashing your hand open.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

We use these at work ( doggie daycare) and it is excellent. Just be careful not to over use it, or it will stop working.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Update: this is a miracle! Seriously, I can't say enough about how well this worked last night. I only had to shake the can a couple of times, saying 'NO BITE' and she stopped immediately. After that, all I had to do was move toward the can and she stopped. I have to say I feel bad about the worried, sad look in her eyes when I did shake it. I had no idea dogs could look so guilty! Thanks for the advice. I will be making a can for every room! I ended up using a soda can with a few pennies in it. They fit down the opening, no cutting required, then I just sealed the top with duct tape.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That's great @ korikelly !

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@DeeDee..here is thread..hope it helps you!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brodie
    Likes (Received)

SO glad that worked for you also! I told you just a few shakes and you really wouldn't even have to shake anymore just show the can. LOL..The noise bothers them so they do not want to hear it everytime they get in trouble. I too tried everything and nothing else worked then just happened to come across the can thing when I was googling for help one day. LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads