personality trait?

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hi everyone. when I picked up Buddy my male bulldog at the airport almost 3 years ago I couldn't believe how bold and fearless this little guy was ! He walked around my place like he owned the place and had lived here for years. Very cute. now I swear he is a scary cat. Anything that he is unfamiliar with scares him. Balloons. when I take out the trash. The other day I had hung a new painting in the living room and he knew instinctively that is was not supposed to be there and started barking. Is anyone else's bulldogs like this? Is this a common trait? I don't want him to be a coward and hope that it isn't anything I have instilled in him somehow to make him like this. He is like day and night compared to the first day I brought him home !

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It isn't you, that's just how they are. Everything has to be in it's proper place. LOL! Buster will kill any balloon and trash bags are the devil to him. There's ways that you can make them less scared but it really is the way they are. It's their world we're just living in it. :)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Not you at all!!! Bulldogs tend to be very very OCD about their surroundings. Bocephus barked for an hour at a sweater I hung on the back of a barstool this weekend. They are just funny babies

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
My husband hung his suit coat on the front of the closet last Saturday and Winnie freaked out--continually barking and wouldn't go near it. Some things she is still fearless about. They are just like that!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo and my two pugs Chug and Lola don't like things out of place and get upset. I don't acknowledge it most times, keep acting like normal and they don't react as much for very long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very bulldog, he may grow out of it or not. Some have success in being very calm
& downplay emotion and some bullies learn to be calmer but others not. Just love
him however he is, it's not about being a coward tho, these dogs were bred to bring
down bulls & die before giving up! They just don't like change & certain things, lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so totally Bulldog.... our girl was Queen of thew world for 9 yrs -- walked around with major dominance and attitude... utill I pulled out an empty trash bag! She would run to the other room and hide behnd furniture, anything not in it's place was barked at till moved or she got use to it. They are very OCD

OP
B

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Well glad to know. I thought I loved and babied him too much and he was turning into being a coward. lol Thanks everyone.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Our old bullmastiff once walked out on the deck, saw the table umbrella that had been there all summer and freaked out, refusing to go out again. :facepalm: You just never know!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.