Beyond frustrated

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
Bentley will be 3 months on Xmas. For the last 2 weeks I have been adding pumpkin to his food as he keeps eating his poop. This past week I have added pineapple juice and guess what yep he is still eating it. Do you think I should change his food? Maybe he isn't getting enough nutrients? I currently feed him Nurto Chicken and rice. Any thoughts?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How long has he been doing this? There are a few things you can try.. Teaching the "leave it" command or also using a taste deterrent.

It's pretty common for puppies to do this and usually they outgrow it by 6 months (from the research I've done)

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I feed my puppy Nutro Chicken and Rice, I would say switch immediately and went through a variety of things, skin allergies, vomiting ect. Nutro is a great brand of food but not for bulldog. Try going for the Nutro Grain free or Nature Recipe . Actually any grain free food would be way better

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I would try a different food to see if it helps or changes it. Remember to switch very slowly as to not upset their tummy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How long has he been doing this? There are a few things you can try.. Teaching the "leave it" command or also using a taste deterrent.

It's pretty common for puppies to do this and usually they outgrow it by 6 months (from the research I've done)

agree with Cheryl... they can outgrow it, but Nutro is not that great of a food and he could be missing something -- find a grain free food and do a slow switch over at least 10 days

OP
Christina Stevens

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
Thanks all. I ordered Fromm today and once I get that in I will start the switch over slowly.

girlbully

Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
There was an episode of the Dog Whisperer where he had an English bulldog doing this and he recommended feeding him banana. There was some type of nutrient he was missing.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Let us know how he does on the Fromm. One of our dogs used to do this, but I think it was to hide the evidence. She only ate the poop when she had an accident in the house.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.