chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I have been dragging this day. Wanted to wait till after Christmas with it but sadly today was the day that my husband and I had to make this decision.
I haven't been on here in few months and I am sorry. Life just got so busy and I got lost in it. However I came back because I need your guys help. If you remember me , you might remember that I rescued Diesel back in February. He was posted on Facebook online yard sales. He was quiet not 4 year old but already had 4 owners. His face was the one who did not get out of my head for days. My son wanted him for his 8th birthday. Here is the link to it http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/36020-diesels-story.html
Poor guy went through a lot while being with us. Taking him in I knew he had problems. Taking him I knew that I am taking another high maintenance breed into my home. Taking him in i knew Bulldogs are not easy.
Since We had Diesel, he had his tail amputated, his nostrils made bigger for better breathing and his soft palate shortened. He had skin problem and stool problem. He had yeast infections and bloody chin. With a lot changing foods and mixing with yoghurt and whatever not we finally got all of this under control. Then he had problem with his eye. Vet sad he had low tear count. We got medication for it ( three different eye drops). Sadly this did not helped and looks like he has entropion which needs to be corrected. While dealing with this his skin got bad again. I started to see that when he gets too stressed he loses hair. So now I finally can see his skin getting better.
Diesel is not fixed.he has to get fixed as he is "backed up". Vet gave me meds for it. I've been wanting him to get fixed since I got him. However his tail surgery was a lot and I was planing on paying it off and get him fixed. But life got between that. My cats lunge collapsed and he ended up in the ER with a huge vet bill. My boxer hurt her acl and she had to go to the vet ( we are still dealing with that). My other bulldog , roxy, got very sick and ended up three days at the vet what cost me an arm an a leg. To all of this my husband had to make a very drastic decision on switching jobs. With this decision we knew we would have to take a small pay cut. However it did not go so smoothly as we wanted to and we had to dig out all of our savings. We exceeded all of our options and we have to get back on our feet. Sadly diesel needs more right now what we can give him.
The time I took him in I promised him to help him and love him and give him a home but the time came where I see we can not provide for him anymore. Not right now where we are standing right now. Diesel needs his eye surgery. He needs to be fixed. On top of all this I saw today he has an ear infection. I hate that we are in this spot right now. I've been hoping that all would pick up and we could go back where we were few months back but this will take a little and it's not fair for this amazing dog to suffer.

Today I was busy to preferring dinner for my kids when I heard a huge scream. It was diesel. For whatever reason after that scream he could not use his back legs and was dragging them. I sat down with him to see what was wrong but I don't see anything. I spend some time trying to see if he pulled anything or not. He finally started using them after 5 min but it was sown thing off. I had some pain killers from when he had his surgery so I gave him a pill. He is back on his legs and walks but hubby did say that it looks like there is something wrong. I can not bring him to the vet right now. I am praying that tomorrow he will be better and he really just pulled a muscle. I have no clue what I will do of I get up and he can't get out of his cage. This was an eye opener for both of us and we are so sad to have to do this.

With this said, I am looking for a new home for this amazing boy, who loves kids so much that we would die for them, who would put his big ol body in front of the kids to keep them from getting hurt. He loves to be petted and will high 5 you if you stop. He will never ever jump on the couch but gently chew on your feet or hands if you let him. Who never ever made a sound or growled even when in sooo much pain from having to deal with his tail. The amazing dog who gets compliments from every vet he seen that he is so well behaved.
I hate myself for this so much , I hate that I will have to hurt my son and tell him we can not keep diesel but I hate it even more that I can not help him right now because of lack of the funds.

We are located in Augusta, Ga. I have not reached to any rescues yet as I know they are full and to be honest I don't want him to have to go to a foster home and again find a new home.
Is there anybody who is able to help and give this boy an amazing home???
[/COLOR]

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry to hear this about sweet Diesel. You never know, the rescue in Georgia may be able to take him in, though I hear you when u say you don't want him to go to another foster home. But if he's placed in rescue then the chances of him getting the medical care he needs are very great. Hopefully some other members here will be able to give some input.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm so sad it's come to this....he sounds like an amazing boy. Good luck and please keep us posted.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I know this is a long shot but it might be something to consider. Have you thought of doing a fund raiser to help diesel? There are a lot of site like go fund me and things like it. Get his story out there the bulldog community is HUGH and they all have great big hearts. I know a lot of us are on social newtworking site with other bulldog people. It might help I would just hate to see this poor boy have to leave your loving care after everything he has been through. I don't know a lot about those sites or how they work but I would be will to help you any way I can :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If no one here can take him in, I know both directors of the rescues in GA, they are wonderful and will get him all the care he needs . He sounds amazing and wonderful, I hope you can find a way to keep him with your family. If not, rescue is a wonderful option for him.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang… a rescue sounds like the best option. They will make sure he gets the medical care that he needs, and finds a great home. Hugs to you, I know that this wasn't an easy decision to make :(

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Thank you all so much. I have been awake all night thinking and I contacted keystone rescue in PA. I have the owner of the rescue on my facebook for quiet a while and actually I was gonna do a home check for here here in Augusta ga. I asked her to help me to go the right directions and we are discussion options. She said she has a bulky coming to PA from Augusta next week and actually diesel could take a ride with them. I will update everybody as soon I know anything. I am crying all morning. I am so upset with myself and hate that but I know down deep in my heart it is the right session to find him better home who can afford this amazing dog because right now we can not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you all so much. I have been awake all night thinking and I contacted keystone rescue in PA. I have the owner of the rescue on my facebook for quiet a while and actually I was gonna do a home check for here here in Augusta ga. I asked her to help me to go the right directions and we are discussion options. She said she has a bulky coming to PA from Augusta next week and actually diesel could take a ride with them. I will update everybody as soon I know anything. I am crying all morning. I am so upset with myself and hate that but I know down deep in my heart it is the right session to find him better home who can afford this amazing dog because right now we can not.

Lorraine is WONDERFUL, she will take good care of your baby. He's in good hands. Hugs to you and your family. :grouphug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Please do not beat yourself up... you gave him incredible love and care that others failed at and now you are making the best decision for all of you considering your situation and the circumstances! You are amazingly strong to be able to do so! Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Please do not beat yourself up... you gave him incredible love and care that others failed at and now you are making the best decision for all of you considering your situation and the circumstances! You are amazingly strong to be able to do so! Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you

I absolutely agree… YOU have made the best decision for your baby, and he will find a good home!!!

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Thank to you guys so much. Yes Lorraine is amazing . She jumped in right away to try to help me. I could not ask for a better person then her. I will keep you guys updated.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry to hear that , if there is anything i can do like send a donation towards his health care let me know x you are not alone here x

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Thank you so much. My husband had a long conversation about diesel. It is very painful but we decided to let Diesel go to the keystone rescue. Lorraine has somebody who is very interested in Diesel.
We have another bully who has bad allergies, a boxer who is 9 years old who's acl is messing up and a cat who has asthma. We also have three kids. With all what is going on with hubby's job we just simply can not afford Diesel. We spend a lot of money on him and like I said before we knew about how much those dogs are, however since our financial status changed so much we are sure somebody else can give Diesel better care!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I am so sorry you are going through all this. When I retired from the Army I ended up in Arizona but I wish for your sake I was home (Augusta Georiga is my home). I have land in Harlem and Tompson but unfortunately I am in Arizona or I would be at your front door helping you guys out. Don't beat yourself up; you have done everything you could do. Good luck and our prayers are with you and your family.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.