Hi everyone!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Sorry I haven't been on the site lately, it's been an up and down last few months... Well, Bodie's bleeding from his penis again😞 another urethral prolapse😢😢 we don't know what we're going to do, we don't have the $1000-$1500 that it's going to cost for surgery... We already maxed out our credit cards and a $9500 care credit card on Bodie with all the skin issues over the last 4 years.
Anyway,I just needed to vent a little...Thanks for listening/reading!!
On a good note, we received our EBN calendar!!!! So awesome😊

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nice to see you, so sorry to hear about Bodie :(. Can you check with your vet to see if they can offer a payment plan? Especially if you've done right by them all this time, you never know....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh no,,, poor Bodie (and Momma).... really, ask the vet if they would allow a payment plan - you've been good with everything prior worst they will do is say no, worth and ask,.

Best of luck and please keep us posted

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so sorry for you and Bodie, that you all are having such a rough go. I sure wish I had money, I would surely help. If I didn't have animals-I would have money-I feel so bad for you because I have had many disasters through the years and I know how difficult things can be. The only thing I can do is pray that you can get through all this
somehow. Best Wishes and prayers. The old saying "when it rains,it pours" is much to true.

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Thanks everyone! I have checked with the vet and "no-go" on the pymt plan😞 they said because it was a surgery requiring overnite stays at the emergency clinic, pymt is due prior to surgery...I do understand their reasoning, but it doesn't help us any! I have a really good friend that is a breeder, although she's in Missouri and I'm in NC, she messaged me a couple days ago wondering what was going on with Bodie. She told me that she would send some money the end of Jan, first of Feb. She actually offered to have the surgery done by her vets in Missouri, for only a few hundred dollars, and said she'd pay for it, but we'd have to go there. But after talking it over with my hubby, we think it would put Bodie under more stress to do a 20+ hour drive and we don't want to do that. So...Idk!! I just hope we can wait till end of Jan/first of Feb. The bleeding has subsided again as of today, but who knows when it'll start back up like it did last week??!!
Anyway, Thank y'all again!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone! I have checked with the vet and "no-go" on the pymt plan they said because it was a surgery requiring overnite stays at the emergency clinic, pymt is due prior to surgery...I do understand their reasoning, but it doesn't help us any! I have a really good friend that is a breeder, although she's in Missouri and I'm in NC, she messaged me a couple days ago wondering what was going on with Bodie. She told me that she would send some money the end of Jan, first of Feb. She actually offered to have the surgery done by her vets in Missouri, for only a few hundred dollars, and said she'd pay for it, but we'd have to go there. But after talking it over with my hubby, we think it would put Bodie under more stress to do a 20+ hour drive and we don't want to do that. So...Idk!! I just hope we can wait till end of Jan/first of Feb. The bleeding has subsided again as of today, but who knows when it'll start back up like it did last week??!!
Anyway, Thank y'all again!!

Have you tried to contact any of these places for assistance?

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...lth/22290-financial-assistance-vet-bills.html

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Try gofundme.com I just signed up with them to help me with a Chihuahua that I saved on death row, try it and see if this works for you, I am hoping it well work for me also. If you have a face book account, twitter account, there is another one I cannot remember it, anyway go fund me.com will walk you through it on how to do it. I hope this helps you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online