Potty training and need help....

Lubo25

Oct 21, 2014
Country
Northern Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
charlie
Anybody any tips for potty training.... I took to week's off work thinking that would be enough train him. Thought he had it but no as soon as my backs turned he pees.... He will go to the front door when he needs to poop but not when he pees.....

I'm just back from a walk round the local park with him and as soon as we get in the door he pees.

Help!
c4204548938a7e670539b530657c219b.jpg

Tyler

Oct 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
all, you basically need to do is keep at it for training. it's a long process with bully's, my bully was doing the same thing as yours and i eventually got her trained. i would say after a walk if your bully doesn't pee, take him to his pee spot at your place right after the walk and he will mot likely pee. good luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
potty training is tough one.... do you praise him when he pees outside.. treats and/or lots of pets/rubs?

One great looking bully-boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He is a great looking boy! But I can't help but :laugh:two weeks?! When he goes, praise praise Oh what a good boy! then give a treat. My last one was 10 mo. old before I could do away with a puppy pad!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Potty training is miserable. But one day it clicks. Stick with the advice above and hang in there.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It takes time and patience, and like others have said, praise him when he goes outside. When he wakes up, go outside, before and after eating, go outside, after he plays, go outside, and about every 3 hours, go outside. Get the picture??? :) It's all about a pattern and being consistent he will learn in time, like months.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So this is what I'm doing for Bella, who's 11 weeks. I keep her tethered to me at all times when we're home. She usually follows me anyway, but just in case she wanders, I'm able to pull her back into my line of sight. She NEVER has freedom to roam and she's always in my line of sight. I also take her out to potty about every hour. It usually ends up being after sleep, play, and most definitely after eating/drinking. I keep her in the bed with me at night and when I hear or feel her stir, I take her out to potty. This usually ends up being about every two hours at night. Yes, it's a pain, but she doesn't mess in my bed. When I'm at work, I keep her in her crate. She soils her crate, but right now I don't have another option, as I live alone. I just clean it up every night after work. I have had Bella for two weeks and, so far, this is working for us. NOTE: I tried keeping her in her crate at night, but that didn't seem fair to her, since she's in it while I'm at work. So, my allowing her to sleep in the bed with me is a new thing, but it works better for both of us.

I also feed her in her crate (once it's cleaned!), so I'm hoping that'll help her not soil it once she's old enough to hold her bladder while I'm working. And lastly, I lavish lots of praise and good treats (cheese and turkey hotdogs) when she pottys outside.

I hope some of this helps. I don't think my way is perfect, but it's the best I can do right now and it seems to be working OK for us.

ETA: I had to remove her doggie bed (that she's sleeping on in my avatar) because she would always pee on it. No more accidents in the living room since removal of the doggie bed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.