How Long Did You Wait for Your Bully?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
It seems like a lot of people on this forum always wanted a bully "someday." I was the same way. I always wanted a dog of my own and knew it HAD to be an English Bulldog. Never had one before. Never even SEEN one in person. I just knew that IT was the dog for me.

I researched for 5 years, dreaming of the day when I could finally get my bully. I never thought I would have one by now. But, he was my engagement present!!! I was prepared (as prepared as I could have been). I knew he wasn't "just a dog." I knew he would be high maintenance. But I was so ready and so in love the moment we met. I knew that it was my life's mission to keep this little guy healthy and happy and I am so blessed to have him in my life.

How long did you wait for a bully? Why did you wait so long?

2011-07-17 18.36.24.jpg The day we fell in love!2011-07-24 11.31.17.jpg

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I had wanted one since I was a kid. Just loved the look. We had dogs growing up but always mixed breeds from the shelter.

Got my first bully when I was out on my own in my own house :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I didn't even want a dog, but then started noticing the bulldogs in my neighborhood. Played with them, talked with their owners and realized I had fallen in love with the breed. About a year later we put a deposit down on Blue and waited...
In fact, I knew about him before he was even born..

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wanted a bully since I was 4. My parents said no, got hooked to my wife at 18 but couldn't afford one till I turned 46. No University or college loser here.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I have wanted one since I was a teenager. I knew I wasn't able to support or care for one till I bought my own place. Then I saw there were lots of EBDs that needed to be adopted after looking for a reputable breeder, and decided to adopt vs purchase a pup. I am about two weeks shy (I hope) of bringing home my new to me (adopted) little dude! Your guy looks adorbs.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have wanted one since I was a teenager. I knew I wasn't able to support or care for one till I bought my own place. Then I saw there were lots of EBDs that needed to be adopted after looking for a reputable breeder, and decided to adopt vs purchase a pup. I am about two weeks shy (I hope) of bringing home my new to me (adopted) little dude! Your guy looks adorbs.

Congratulations :up:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have always loved the breed but I waited for over 20 years to get Harlea as I wanted to make sure that I was in a position to properly care for her needs.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I had wanted a bulldog since I was a kid. I wanted a dog just like "Spike". 80-15_Tom_Jerry_Spike_TVPlug.jpg
They were pretty rare back then. I never new anyone personally, who had one.
I was in the military early on and married very early(my wife was still in college). We didn't really have stability for a dog, but when we got closer to it we agreed that we wanted a bulldog and we had to save for it. It took some time, it also took effort to find a resource closer to home. We got our first one when I was 26. We are on our third. I like other breeds and I can imagine having another breed....but when it gets right down to it, we always find away to make it another bulldog.
Many people have dogs. We have a Bulldog. She is not just a pet, she is a conversation piece. She makes us all laugh constantly. Much of our conversation at home centers around her.

Ask someone in my family if they have a dog...they will answer "We have a Bulldog".

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Many years ago (about 13-14 years) I saw a beautiful bully girl step off an elevator at work (my job was dog-friendly) and I fell in love. Her presence was commanding! Ever since then, I've wanted one. I am just now in a position to be able to care for her.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Congratulations! I've always always always wanted a bulldog, but got my frst one at 2010 at the age of 42....and the second two years later. They're even more than I ever could imagine! DSC_0083.jpgDSC_0114.jpgDSC_0311.jpg

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
I waited 12 years for one and now I'm so happy she is my companion, and it's just really nice to share my evenings with her after a long day at work

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I saw my first bully pup in my early 20s. Then I met Siemor in Toronto when I went to visit friends that lived in a high rise, he was a neighbors dog, loved him. I'd go up several times a year and when I would go up, my job was to get Siemor and go walk him with my friends pups. When I met my husband he kept talking about getting a bulldog so I started looking around. We called a breeder, talked to him and he didn't have any pups. He had a website and had all his bullies on the site, even pups and new pup owners. Weeks later Husband receives a text with a pic of a newborn puppy, he doesn't recognize the sender. We were so confused and then it hit me who it was. That weekend we went to see the pups. Wow what an experience. This is suppose to be my Husbands dog. No, he wouldn't touch them, he was afraid he'd break them. Me, I'm in the middle of them all. He wanted a boy and there were two boys, one had a ducky shaped patch on his side, the other was bigger so who picks the puppy out? Me, I want the one with the ducky. Who's bully is he now? MINE!!! I never though I'd fall in love with a breed like this but I did. He looks mean, but is an absolute sweety, and super goofy. My sister isn't a fan but we've been out together and I've had Canelo with us. My sister is single so I make her walk Canelo because he is a chick and guy magnet. I've done the same thing with some of our guy friends, it's hilarious how people just gravitate to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I wanted one since I was probably a teenager never thought I would get one I had Dobermans, pugs loved them all but still always wanted a EBD and my wish came true Christmas 2011

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.