Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Is anyone obsessive like me? When I knew I was getting a girl bulldog, I started thinking of names. I created a list. :blush2:

What other names were you considering for your bulldog? Or, if you had/have no list... Why did you choose your bully's name?

My list:

Bella
Daisy
Molly
Sassy
Peony
Blossom
Gretle
Giselle
Tinkerbell
Willow
Emmy/Emma

In the end, I fell in love with the name "Bella". :D

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We picked precious gem names for our bullies so Amber was first and then Ruby came next. Other names that would follow are Sapphire, Opal, Helen short for Helenite, Jadie for Jade, Diorite (I had a rescue Great Dane named this and we called him Di-o) because it is multi-colored; we tried to match a precious stone to fit personality and color of our bullies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, I did the same thing, but I wanted a bully for oveR 10 years, and I wanted a boy and had picked the name Bulldozer.
when I finally got to have a bully, we went to the breeders house to see my Bulldozer and I fell in love with him, but my hubby kept saying oh look at the little girl, she's so cute, and my little Grandson also wanted the little girl. They were the last two pups there and my hubby said he couldn't leave her there alone, so we bought both and brought both home. We now had a boy and a girl, and everyone in the family thought themed names would be great. I liked Bulldozer and Tonka, but they said Tonka was a boys name, so they didn't like it, we came up with Elvis and Priscilla, Rocky and Adrienne, Rocky and Roxie, Jagger and Bianca, Bulldozer and Ladybug, nobody could agree, and I still wanted the boy name Bulldozer so I started thinking of names with the letter "B", and we named our little girl Blossom.

Other names I liked are:

Boys: Apollo, Zeus, Bogart, Dexter, Elvis, Winston, Sebastien, Xavier, Loki, Thor, Quinn, Hoagey, Rambo, Rocky, and
Bergen

Girls: Ariel, Blossom, Chloe, Charlotte (Charlie), Diva, Fallon, Willow, Zoey, Scarlett, Molly, Nala, Penelope, Molly,
Bella, Bianca, Jasmine, Quinn, Roxy, Ladybug, Priscilla, Violet, and Sugar

These are my guys Bulldozer (Dozer) and Blossom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 161

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
We selected the name Agatha because of her British heritage. Gump b/c we are Crimson Tide grads and love to see Forrest run... So we have The Magnificent Agatha Gump.022.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Princess Petunia Porterhouse.
But I'd call her Petunia.

We met a Penny Pasta once (for Penne Pasta)..was the cutest thing. They called her Penny.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Our first bulldog my husband choose the name Bella for beautiful…
When she had her pups we decided to name them to make feeding/cleaning them easier so we went w/strong british names.

BOYS… Winston, Wellie (for Beef Wellington) Cromwell, Sherlock and Bentley.
GIRLS… Winnie (for Winnie the Pooh) Chelsea, and Beatrice.

Now we have one bulldog and we decided to name him Walter… in homage to his brother Winston & Wellie (W names) and our love for Walt Disney!!! Lol

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I have a bella, and i have my boy named picked out for when the day comes i get one, he's gonna be bentley

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Is anyone obsessive like me? When I knew I was getting a girl bulldog, I started thinking of names. I created a list. :blush2:

What other names were you considering for your bulldog? Or, if you had/have no list... Why did you choose your bully's name?

My list:

Bella
Daisy
Molly
Sassy
Peony
Blossom
Gretle
Giselle
Tinkerbell
Willow
Emmy/Emma

In the end, I fell in love with the name "Bella". :D

I had Goob's name picked out 5 years before we got him. If you have ever seen the cartoon "Meet the Robinsons" there is the cutest character in that movie named Goob. Ever since then, I knew it was going to be my bulldog's name. If we get another boy, his name will either be Pudge, Boomarooki, Pickles or Camouflage. If we get a girl, her name will be Jelly Bean.:)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea's name was picked out way back in 1992 when i made the decision that i would have a bully someday.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have always had girls and I gave them very feminine flower names, probably because bully girls are not the most feminine looking of dogs! My first was Daisy, the next was Rosie. My third was Annie, not a flower, but still feminine. For flower names, I like Lily (I had a boxer named Lily) and Poppy. My current girl is named Winnie, which comes from my maiden name Winn. I also considered Gussy, which I think would be totally precious for a bully girl. I love thinking of names!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have always had girls and I gave them very feminine flower names, probably because bully girls are not the most feminine looking of dogs! My first was Daisy, the next was Rosie. My third was Annie, not a flower, but still feminine. For flower names, I like Lily (I had a boxer named Lily) and Poppy. My current girl is named Winnie, which comes from my maiden name Winn. I also considered Gussy, which I think would be totally precious for a bully girl. I love thinking of names!

Yes! I agree about flowery, feminine names for bullys. I love it! The first bulldog I ever saw was a lovely girl named Petunia. I thought that name was so perfect for her.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
We never had a list but only because hubby has always wanted a bully named Chubbs. My grandfather had a bully named Winston so of course that had to be included. Then obviously when ya hear Winston, ya automatically think Churchill... so that was that. However, as time got closer to us getting Chubbs & hubby was telling people his name, apparently they said 'what kind of name is that.' So then hubby started to change his mind. I put my foot down & said we're not changing it. I'm glad I did because Chubbs fits him perfectly.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June was born in June :) My bf and I decided before we got her that we had to both like/agree on the name. We would randomly bring up names here and there and could never settle on one. Then one night he mentioned "June" and I thought it was adorable and it just fits her perfectly!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo was named after my favorite character on Sesame Street, Elmo the Red Guy, I Just Love Elmo So Much.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.