Do random strangers ask to take pictures of (and with!) your bulldog??

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
This happens to Bella frequently. At her first vet visit, the vet tech asked me if he could take a selfie of himself holding her. Also, over the weekend while Bella and I were on a walk, two men (at two separate times) stopped us and asked to take pictures of her. I always say, "Yes!" but this is weird, right?

I had a Lhasa Apso before and this never happend with him. And he was cute, too! :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This happens sometimes. But I would be very, very cautious about letting a stranger hold your bully to get a "selfie". There are too many folks who would gladly steal a bulldog, and you cannot be too careful.

A more common scenario is going to a pet-related event like the recent Wiggle Waggle Walk for rescue dogs, where we met several bulldog owners who wanted pics w/my bullies.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
People do this in Petco all the time to Brutus!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Ahh, good point. I wasn't concerned about the vet tech, as we were inside the vets office. But, yes, I was on alert with the strangers during our walk. Thanks for the reminder.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ahh, good point. I wasn't concerned about the vet tech, as we were inside the vets office. But, yes, I was on alert with the strangers during our walk. Thanks for the reminder.

Your post just reminded me of times I would take the boys on a walk and a car would slow down alongside us asking me if they were "fixed" already! Once it was a man in an old school big cadillac-type of car...really suspicious and scared me. I walked away as fast as i could.

Yea, better to err on the side of caution!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
People do this in Petco all the time to Brutus!
Same here! Its amazing too..there could be 10 other dogs in the store and people will want to pet and take pics with Chumley. They are so unlike any other breed! (is it just me or do you look at people with other breeds and say to yourself why bother? its not a bully lol!) But I guess they say the same about us bully lovers too!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
In all honesty, almost every time we take them out.

But, we live in a very touristy area, where every other person walks around with one of those large professional looking cameras. I always
wanna ask them to send me the pics..lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This used to happen all the time when they were puppies. I called people the Puparazzi. Lol. When we first got them, it would take us an hour to walk one block down the street, everyone would stop and wanted to pet them, and take their picture. People used their cellphones, cameras, and I Pads. It was crazy. Now that they're almost 3 years old it doesn't happen as often, but every so often people with stop and ask to,pet them, or they'll get out of their car to come see them, and when we walk to Tim Hortens and people go through the drive through, they sometimes will take pictures with their cell phones.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
No, I don't take my girls out in public very often but when they go to the Petsmart to get their toe nails trimmed the manager loves bullies (especially Amber and Ruby) and the girls always come out with a new antler for free. Every single time! The staff has been told when Amber and Ruby come in they are suppose to call the manager so he can come and see them. lol

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Oh.....I did forget, they did make the holiday pictures with the court house this year. They go to work with my husband twice a week and got their pictures taken with the staff. lol

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I don't get asked about pictures but when we walk him people yell out of their cars, "I love your DOG!!!!!!" If we pass by other walkers they will tell us how handsome he is. If we are in front of our house people will stop and ask different questions about him. One time a truck drove by and just yelled out, "HEY GOOB." I have no clue who it was!

He isn't friendly towards strangers and when little kids see him, I have to politely tell them that they can't pet him but they can say hi to him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
absolutley.... 'can I take a picture... my xxxx will love him!'

Tyler

Oct 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
i've never had a picture taken that i know of, but a woman who happened to be a fellow bully owner stopped in the middle of the street to see my bully and she called her bully up to the front of the car so i could see her. it was pretty funny watching this bulldog move from the back of the van up to the front. We probably would have talked longer but she was holding up traffic and had to get going.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online