TambaTime

Dec 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tamba
Our bulldog, Tamba, is 7.5 months old and weighs 33 pounds. He had to fight off a minor infection after he was neutered but otherwise has been completely healthy, has plenty of energy (for a bulldog), and loves to eat. He weighed around 11 pounds when we brought him out at 8 weeks old and has been consistently adding weight, though that pace seems to have slowed slightly over the last month or two.

After seeing other bulldogs that seem to be larger, and with people consistently commenting that he seems small, I can't help but question whether we should adjust his food intake or have any concerns about his growth. Tamba is currently eating Merrick Grain Free Texas Beef and Sweet Potato and gets the recommended serving size for a goal weight of 40 pounds, with the extra 25% they suggest for puppies.

Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure I should just relax, as our vet hasn't said anything about his weight and I know he won't be done growing/filling out until he's closer to 1.5-2 years old, but any comments would be appreciated.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have two bullies, Amber and Ruby; they are blood sisters with the same mother and father just not from the same litter. Amber is a whopping 63 pounds and has a very set bully looking figure that tapers from shoulders to hind quarters when viewed from above. Ruby is almost 2 years old now and weights 48 pounds and is muscular and stocky but not near as heavy as Amber. They get the same exercise and two cups of food a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. The vet thinks they are both beautiful and is always asking what I do with these girls because some of his other clients who have bullies are having problems with the coats and other health issues. Mine are just structurally different eventhough they have the same DNA. It sounds like your bully is on track for a good size, mine were about the same size at that age; Amber didn't beef up until she reached the two year mark and then all of a sudden it was like.........when did that happen. lol Good luck!!

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our bulldog, Tamba, is 7.5 months old and weighs 33 pounds. He had to fight off a minor infection after he was neutered but otherwise has been completely healthy, has plenty of energy (for a bulldog), and loves to eat. He weighed around 11 pounds when we brought him out at 8 weeks old and has been consistently adding weight, though that pace seems to have slowed slightly over the last month or two.

After seeing other bulldogs that seem to be larger, and with people consistently commenting that he seems small, I can't help but question whether we should adjust his food intake or have any concerns about his growth. Tamba is currently eating Merrick Grain Free Texas Beef and Sweet Potato and gets the recommended serving size for a goal weight of 40 pounds, with the extra 25% they suggest for puppies.

Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure I should just relax, as our vet hasn't said anything about his weight and I know he won't be done growing/filling out until he's closer to 1.5-2 years old, but any comments would be appreciated.

I'd not worry, sounds normal to me. Bullies come in all weights :), I'd worry if he was 18 or 19 pounds but not 33. They can have a massive growth spurt anytime between birth and 2 years old. :welcome: to EBN! Happy you found us.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I'd not worry, sounds normal to me. Bullies come in all weights :), I'd worry if he was 18 or 19 pounds but not 33. They can have a massive growth spurt anytime between birth and 2 years old. :welcome: to EBN! Happy you found us.

so long as he looks healthy, acts healthy, no health issues, he is good. They come in all sizes so don't confuse weight with health of your puppy.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Our Castor was almost exactly that size at that age; I actually posted a similar question when he was eight months old and weighed 35 pounds! Now he's 20 months/44 pounds and probably still growing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... the gang has you covered

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.