Question regarding another possible mill mama

meganmarie

Sep 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella Grace
I don't post much and for that I apologize. I had a minor pee incident with my laptop and boxer lol.

I'm the mother of mill mama who is doing fabulous btw. Her rehab is going better than expected and I love her to pieces.

I was recently notified of another mill mama who definitely needs some medical care. She hasn't came to live with me yet, I'll know more by the end of the week. But from what I understand she went into heat twice-successful pregnancy and deliveries with both litters :/ but hasn't went into heat since. I was told she hasn't went into heat for a year now, which is why they are getting rid of her. Again, I don't know all the details but I will fill you in as soon as I find out.
Before I assume responsibility for another, I want to kind of get an idea of what the reasons she hasn't went into heat. If she does come live with me, getting her spayed will be at the top of my list. No more babies for her. However, is cancer a possibility or what are some causes of this? Should I be worried of getting attached to her, throwing all this money into her for an ugly outcome? I've googled a little about absent heats but I don't think the "owners" would not notice if she were secretly in heat as this is their main job and I couldn't find much else on it. I figured I'd come to you knowledgable people for advice.

Thank you :)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I am not terribly knowledgeable on the whole heat thing. Hopefully others will be along with more experience than I.

I did want to say how great you are though for providing a home to a bully in need. :heart:
Sorry to hear about your laptop! Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh this is horrible… I'm NOT an expert on why a female would stop going into heat so I will tag some members for you. I just wanted to THANK YOU for stepping up for this sweet girl… Good LUCK & keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could just be she is unhealthy, and her age, not sure how old she is, and a number of things, why she is not in heat yet. I would say get her and let a vet check her out and have her spayed. If she does have a uterine cancer, that would be addressed when she is spayed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck to you and this little mama... which ever you decide, please keep us posted. sending lots of positive vibes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.