The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea was a very bad girl today. We were cleaning the garage and putting together our new gas fire pit when she decided to bolt out of the front door when my dad came outside. She knows not to try it with us but my dad doesn't care or try to stop her but he does know better when she is in the front room to be extra careful. So naturally i was horrified as she went straight to the street like a kid on a sugar high. I was finally able to grab her when she managed to corner herself between the the houses. She got a very stern talking to as i was carrying her to her crate for a time out. Dad on the other hand had to deal with the other side one me needless to say as i wasn't very happy with him.

All in all i am just happy she is safe but i was mortified during the whole ordeal. Now Harlea is doing all she can to suck up to me. Its an near impossible to stay upset with these little buggers too long though...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
One thing I learned in puppy class was chasing them makes them run. They think it's a game. Instead they encouraged us to try in a really high pitched excited voice "puppy! Puppy! Puppy!" I've never had the opportunity to try this out until I saw a Boston terrier in the middle of the highway. It's 50 mph here and he was just standing in the middle, frozen. I waited until the light turned and I did the high-pitched scream, as much excitement as I could muster! He came right to me. Not only did he come to me, he willingly jumped in my car.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah i was just walking calling her name like i do when we play out back. She was just over joyed as she only goes out front when we talk her somewhere. Only thing she did wrong was bolt to begin with. The rest was just her excitement for sure.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad she's safe! Hopefully this does not become a problem though, otherwise we will have to call her Harlea Whodini!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OMG Todd!! Thank god that little angel wasn't hurt! My sons girlfriend did this with Frankie when we first got him. We live on a very busy street and Brutus knows better than to go out the front door. We were working on training Frankie to sit and stay when the door is open, but she came in lollygagging and out Frankie went. I was having a heart attack and screaming all at the same time. Thank god there weren't any cars coming and he ran right across the street to my neighbors porch and sat down and waited for us to get him. I died three times before he was back in the house and my sons girlfriend thought I was gong to kill her. She almost cried! I eventually forgave her! lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes sir. I know exactly how you felt. Jewel did the same thing and I was running around like my head was cut off.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We've had Blue bolt out my parents place in Florida. But since the street is far from the property, we were able to get him before he got close to it.

I would of flipped too. Thank God she wasn't hurt.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: so scary... happy she is OK and no damage done -- well, except maybe to dad's ear :eek:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bella ran out the door at a neighbor running w/his dog, and almost got hit by the school bus… I nearly had a heart attack!!! :ohmy: From that day ON we never allow the dogs out the front door… I'm so glad Harlea is safe and sound!!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thank goodness she's ok. Bocephus is a bolter too - any chance he gets. I have to be extra diligent to make sure everyone knows, he won't listen - he'll just run. I have tried to chase him but we all know how that ends up - a game.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OMG!!! So very glad all is well and yeah, it is hard to stay mad at them :)

I'm thankful that Cami hates going for a ride and hates going outside so
she never runs out the door, lol Good thang too as the new place I rented
is right off a busy highway.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Thank God she's ok Todd. I've had a few encounters with Hershey that came dangerously close to ending tragically. He literally ran full speed towards and ended up underneath a backing up garbage truck. I watched him push open a fence gate that wasn't fully latched and then heard the beeping of the backing up truck. I ran as fast as I could screaming for him to stop which only made him run faster..the lower half of my body was travelling slower than the top half of my body was and I ended up falling head over heels in the street. I honesty believed I was going to watch him get crushed right before my eyes as i lay sprawled out on the blacktop..he literally ran right underneath the truck and sat there as it stopped! The driver got out and said he saw him...and my embarrassing gymnastics...in his rear view mirror. It was absolutely traumatic! Hershey is a bonafide psychopath when it comes to vehicles or lawn equipment. He'll run away in fear if I shake a plastic bag at him but will literally bite tires and fenders of cars. I had to stop taking him for daily walks because he lunges full strength at every passing car. I am positive if he wasn't leashed he would run under a moving car. That one incident with the garbage truck almost gave me a heart attack and left me aching and bruised but so thankful he was ok...When it was al over I kept thinking..what the hell would I tell rick rettinger? So yes I can relate to how you felt Todd! Thankfully Harlea is Ok!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.