New Bulldog Puppy Lady Di (advice and tips very welcome)

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
0100eaf8b0b5b66cbdb8b10e35aeb9c2.jpg

Me and my beautiful little baby girl...

8729c9a5d2566341163928f7ad2b492b.jpg

Lady Di is full of character and so lovable, she is also very affectionate and I'm loving the character of the English Bulldog so far with no complaints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Thank you Cali Doll...

I want to know more about the breed and can't read anymore...

She seems to have little cuts on her belly and under her neck and I don't know if it's a skin condition ? Or just playing with my other dogs and rubbing from her belly and thighs ?

I have since taken her with me and she stays with me to see if being away from the other dogs helps, but that's when I noticed her develop a carpet burn mark on her right belly side then the next day on her left side and on the leg and they match when put together making me think is rubbing...

Not sure what to do or wait it out till next week when she is due her second injection??

Does not seem to be upsetting her at all..

Thank you for reading this and any feed back is welcome...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my, she is a doll! Congratulations & Welcome to EBN.

These pics are enlargeable, frame worthy must haves :)

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
What a cute baby doll, oh my!!! I couldn't even go to work and leave that face! Smootch!!

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Luvmybully that is exactly what it's like I am actually taking her to work with me tomorrow lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to EBN! Lady Di is a sweetheart! Very nice photos, and she is a beautiful girl. This gal has a very beloved name to live up to.

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Manydogs thank you for that gentle message yes the Lady she was named after was quite a force to follow...

I wanted a very British name for her and I was not allowed to call her M.T so it was suggested that she should be called Lady Di and I thought it was very suited as soon as I first met her...

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Those little cuts are probably from playing with other pups. I have a 4 month old that plays with my Red Labrador and they always bite each other playfully.

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Those little cuts are probably from playing with other pups. I have a 4 month old that plays with my Red Labrador and they always bite each other playfully.

TNNoles thank you for the feedback I will put up a pic to show you if you don't mind ?

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
These make her look dirty lol but she is not they look like carpet burns or rubbing between her thigh and belly what do you think?

39fa08c9aa681ec2ada8d51eb07f0cdd.jpg
ab0e52b6719cd9ec0e65f7aa11402879.jpg

Then under her chin I noticed these red/brown dots ???

I though they might be from my other dog as they were playing a lot?

694fb83846ced6f04946cf9a93782cef.jpg

She absolutely loved these pics being taken by the way lol just look at her she is so affectionate x

0887d86847544a17dabb3812bf13be99.jpg

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Mine has the same cuts like those. My lab and Maximus scrap it out constantly and they cuddle afterwards. I showed them to my vet and they said the same thing. Who does she play with?

TNNoles14

Dec 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Just to throw this out there. dont let them get rowdy, like getting real aggressive. When my pups do that. I separate them and put them in their crate for chill out time.

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Thank you for that she plays with my Cavilier King Charles but he is very submissive and she can go to far sometimes and I have to tell her off lol and then she sulks and makes me feel bad and I have to give her cuddles lol https://vimeo.com/114436136

That was them the first day they met lol as I kept her with me for a couple of days before introducing her to the other dogs as I have a west highland terrier called Molly and 2 Cavilier King Charles called Maggie and Marcus...

That is Lady Di playing with Marcus the man of the house...

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Luvmybully that is exactly what it's like I am actually taking her to work with me tomorrow lol

I took one of my bullies to work with me every day when she was a puppy and house training. She was so loved by everyone in the office! She had to stop and say hello to everyone on the way in and out.

My Winnie is now 6 months old and she has had marks all over her from playing with Jack, my big dog. They would play so rough it was worrisome for me. Winnie would scream bloody murder, Jack would let her go, and she'd immediately go back for more! My vet said that's why puppies are made of rubber. I tried not to interfere too much, but I just couldn't take it when he would drag her around by her jowls!

Most Reactions