New Bulldog Puppy Lady Di (advice and tips very welcome)

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
I took one of my bullies to work with me every day when she was a puppy and house training. She was so loved by everyone in the office! She had to stop and say hello to everyone on the way in and out.

My Winnie is now 6 months old and she has had marks all over her from playing with Jack, my big dog. They would play so rough it was worrisome for me. Winnie would scream bloody murder, Jack would let her go, and she'd immediately go back for more! My vet said that's why puppies are made of rubber. I tried not to interfere too much, but I just couldn't take it when he would drag her around by her jowls!

Donnam thank you for this as it's such a worry when you first bring them home...

As you worry are they going to get on then you worry when they do get on will they fall out if the new comer is dominating the normal leader of the pack!!!

But I'm keeping a watchful eye and hopefully they will all get along just fine.

Molly, Maggie, and Marcus are so cuddly soft and gentle they would run from their own shadow...

Where as Ladi Di is the same as them accept she has a more outgoing character, and I'm hoping she will look after them three at walkies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Donnam thank you for this as it's such a worry when you first bring them home...

As you worry are they going to get on then you worry when they do get on will they fall out if the new comer is dominating the normal leader of the pack!!!

But I'm keeping a watchful eye and hopefully they will all get along just fine.

Molly, Maggie, and Marcus are so cuddly soft and gentle they would run from their own shadow...

Where as Ladi Di is the same as them accept she has a more outgoing character, and I'm hoping she will look after them three at walkies lol

Well, Winnie was such a biting macine for the first couple of months we had her! She bit us until we thought we'd go crazy, but Jack definitely got the worst of it! I figured that whatever marks Winnie got were well deserved.

We we adopted Jack a couple of months before we got Winnie. He's a very submissive dog who loves all other dogs.
If it turns out that Winnie bosses him around, he's the kind of dog who won't really care. So far, they're getting along great. Good luck with yours! I have the feeling they'll do just fine!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
The bottom ones look similar to a little rash my girl had at the same age. It was due to the fact they can't clean themselves down there and while they are really little when the go pee it gets on them or the grass is touching them after they pee. The vet gave us an anti fungal cream and we make sure to give her belly a wash with a cloth or baby wipe quite often. Also we have two pups 7 weeks apart and they play wrestle constantly with their sharp teeth and end up with little nicks on their faces. We try to separate them but they love it and are not fighting with anger only for fun.

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
The bottom ones look similar to a little rash my girl had at the same age. It was due to the fact they can't clean themselves down there and while they are really little when the go pee it gets on them or the grass is touching them after they pee. The vet gave us an anti fungal cream and we make sure to give her belly a wash with a cloth or baby wipe quite often. Also we have two pups 7 weeks apart and they play wrestle constantly with their sharp teeth and end up with little nicks on their faces. We try to separate them but they love it and are not fighting with anger only for fun.

Miss Lola thank you for this feed back

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN. Lady Di is certainly a stunning girl! She looks like she can hold her own against the others. If they do not stop when you think they are being too rough, just give them a little time out to remind them to play nice. You have a beautiful little family!

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
Welcome to EBN. Lady Di is certainly a stunning girl! She looks like she can hold her own against the others. If they do not stop when you think they are being too rough, just give them a little time out to remind them to play nice. You have a beautiful little family!

brutus77 thank you very much for your kind words about Lady Di as I to think she is beautiful....

The breeder told me that she was the runt of the litter but I personally feel she was the prize, nobody actually took the time to look at her properly, she is my little gem...

I will take on your advice thank you

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
She is very beautiful!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beauty! You have quite the pack... Westie, two Cavaliers and now the Bully.... we need to see pics of all of them

:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

OP
C

ColinAbraham

Dec 13, 2014
Country
en_GB
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Di
What a beauty! You have quite the pack... Westie, two Cavaliers and now the Bully.... we need to see pics of all of them

:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

BullyMama thank you and yes I will get a pic of all 4 of them

Most Reactions