When my bully does THIS I know it means....

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Hey everyone!

Mr. Goob is my first bulldog but sometimes I think I have a sixth sense when it comes to what he needs. I'm sure EVERYONE knows their bully's quirks better than their own quirks.

For example:

Yesterday Goob was sitting when I got home from work usually he is either at the door or laying down but i know that WHEN HE IS SITTING LIKE THAT HE NEEDS TO POOP. Took him out and yes...he pooped.

On a walk, when we get out of the door, if he sits down in the driveway, he isn't protesting the walk....he has to poop. Last night...WHEN HE SAT DOWN IN THE DRIVEWAY, WE WENT STRAIGHT TO "HIS POOP HOUSE" AND HE POOPED.

This morning, I woke up. Fed Goob. Let him out to potty but he only peed. I KNEW that he had to poop but for some reason...he wasn't! I CANNOT leave for work until I know he has eaten, peed, pooped, and has fresh water. So I'm about to leave for work thinking, "Well, if you want to hold it, hold it OR I'll have a nice present when I come home...I can't be late."

I was about to walk out door and SAID, "Dangit Goob!!! Let's go." So I walked him out to "his spot." He sniffed and pooped. I KNEW it!!!! I was able to leave the house with peace of mind. WHEN HE WAKES UP, HE HAS TO POOP AFTER BREAKFAST.

All these things surround his bowel movements...which is kind of funny BUT there are others:

WHEN HE WAKES UP AND IS DROOLING, HIS TUMMY IS EMPTY AND HE NEEDS TO EAT ASAP.
WHEN HE SITS AT THE FRIDGE, HE WANTS A TREAT.
WHEN HE STICKS HIS HEAD IN THE CHAIR, HE WANTS ME TO GIVE UP THE CHAIR SO HE CAN SIT IN IT.
WHEN HE IS ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP, IF HE JUMPS OFF THE BED QUICKLY, THAT MEANS HE WENT LOOKING FOR HIS TOY

The list can go on and on but now it's your turn...

When your bully does _________ you know that he/she ___________?

Can't wait to find out I'm not the only crazy bully owner.:)

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
LOL! Do you give up the chair for Mr. Goob? I know what you mean. Husband gets frustrated with Canelo because he doesn't communicate. Oh yes he does and I have to point it out to him.

Canelo wants to go outside. How do you know? He's by the back door standing like a statue.

Canelo wants to play. He sits, stares at me and starts growling really low, slowly getting louder.

A car ride, he sits by the front door when I get my phone, purse and keys. He has to go out the door first or you may get bowled over, or under.

Husband has woken me before because he can't find Canelo. He's under the bed, don't you feel him breathing? No. Listen and feel. That's him? Yep. He likes to be in the dark. Surprising because he can't cock his leg up, lol.

He has lots of signals. Great topic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
LOL! Do you give up the chair for Mr. Goob? I know what you mean. Husband gets frustrated with Canelo because he doesn't communicate. Oh yes he does and I have to point it out to him.

Canelo wants to go outside. How do you know? He's by the back door standing like a statue.

Canelo wants to play. He sits, stares at me and starts growling really low, slowly getting louder.

A car ride, he sits by the front door when I get my phone, purse and keys. He has to go out the door first or you may get bowled over, or under.

Husband has woken me before because he can't find Canelo. He's under the bed, don't you feel him breathing? No. Listen and feel. That's him? Yep. He likes to be in the dark. Surprising because he can't cock his leg up, lol.

He has lots of signals. Great topic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:) I don't give the chair up...COMPLETELY. I move over and make room so we can share it (meaning I get a little sliver of a seat and slip off from time to time)!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When Orion backs up to the wall barking, she wants her stinky puppy. It's always the same wall. In this photo I just happened to have the Christmas night light on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418485121.829591.jpg

When Vegas walks up to his daddy and puts his chin on the couch and looks at him he's ready for bed.

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
When Orion backs up to the wall barking, she wants her stinky puppy. It's always the same wall. In this photo I just happened to have the Christmas night light on.
View attachment 81679

When Vegas walks up to his daddy and puts his chin on the couch and looks at him he's ready for bed.

That is so funny...her stinky puppy. Im guessing that's her suckling toy? I was SO excited today thinking that Goob was suckling a tuffy toy shark we got him several months ago. He usually plays fetch with it but I saw him suckling it this morning...or so I thought!

He was quietly mouthing one of the fins but what he was ACTUALLY doing was using his teeth like scissors to rip the fin off!!! HUH....so much for having a suckling baby. He's just a shredder. I think the fin was detached in less than 3 minutes. Oh well.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

I just took this photo. Vegas wants to go to bed. Daddy has already fallen asleep. Vegas is crying. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418613813.104872.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sit at the bottom of the stairs and then just looks at me .... bedtime!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Okay here is a good one.
If it is 8 PM and I'm sitting on the couch:

If Curly is whining and staring he wants to get onto the couch to go to sleep for the night, so I need to get out of his spot...

Once I move over and he gets on the couch and continues to whine, it means he is thirsty and wants me to bring him a bowl of water to drink before he goes to sleep - he doesn't want to get off the couch because it's too much work (my husband says I spoil him but I am sticking to my story).

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If it is 6am Brutus will want to potty only and go back to bed. If it is 9am or later Brutus will stand in front of the refrigerator (where i hide his toys at night) for his ball because he cannot potty without it. 8pm is bed time and he will jump on couch, lick it for 10 mins and fall dead asleep.

Frankie does not get up before 9am. If he wants to go outside he will sit by back door. If he wants to eat, he will sit by his bowl. If he wants a cookie, he will sit in front of the cabinet where the cookies are and not move until he gets one. 8pm is also bed time for him. If you happen to be the unlucky person in HIS recliner at this time, he will sit and stare at you until you move. IF you do not move in a timely fashion, 62lbs of Bulldog will be sitting on top of you staring you in the eyes. Ya know just in case you did not see him sitting there before. I love my goofy guys!!!

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
If we are eating dinner and Ruby is sitting next to me, staring at me, I know she wants my food.;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.