ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I'm a bit nervous because we're taking Mabel to a groomer tomorrow for a bath and nail trim. Since I broke my knee cap and have a little piece floating around, I haven't been able to kneel long enough to give her a bath in the tub. The last time I did it, I was miserable. So, the girl is getting the spa treatment! Any words of advice?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you are having any concern, you can stay with her at the groomers. If they don't like that idea, don't trust them.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I understand your fear. I had a schnauzer and when I took her for her first puppy cut, I left her with a groomer and when I picked her up she was terrified, shaking like a leaf. I found a groomer I liked at a Petsmart near me. I liked the fact that I could see the dogs being groomed, see more than 1 - 2 groomers, people watching and a vet office there. She did much better there, still didn't like grooming though. One visit I arrived and they were bathing her and I could see her through the door to the back that would swing open. The vet came over and went back, and I saw the vet working on my baby. They came out and told me that she was trying to jump out of the sink (typically, water burns lol) and her pad got caught in the grate they had in it. Instead of trying to pull her out they got the vet to help and I really appreciated that.

At 3 months we put Canelo in basic puppy training at our Petsmart and built a great relationship with his trainer Amie. He runs to the training room when we go to Petsmart. If she is training she will have him come on and he shows all his tricks for the students. The grooming department trims his nails mostly but he has gotten the spa treatment there and they treat him like a star and he loves it. I'm not promoting Petsmart, we just happened to find good people there that we really trust and we trust the people with Canelo. When you get there, hang around and watch your bully to see how she responds. If she's comfortable breath. Oh and I only allow my babies to be there for their appt. I never drop off in the morning and puck them up in the evening. Just my preference because I know they are getting to potty, eat and relax minimizing the excitement. I'm sure she will be fine and I hope she enjoys the pampering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope she loves her spa day, she deserves to be treated like a Queen! Hopefully they'll let you watch, don't know why they wouldn't. Sorry to hear about your knee. :(

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Good luck! I have been taking Amber to get her toes trimmed since she was a puppy and she loses her absolute mind every single time. The girls at the grooming parlor are great with her but as soon as Amber sees the trimmers she bites the trimmers and makes this ungodly sound that should not be from a dog. lol Eventually, they get her done but a task that should take a few minutes is usually more like an hour. Ruby could careless what you do to her.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
chris, how did it go? Avoid stressing. Treat yourself to a nice spa treatment today.

She was a trooper and is all decked out in a new bandanna and bow. They only had her there for about 2 hours, waiting for her to completely dry. They were going to paint her toenails, but today was a busy day. She smells wonderful! I took her to my office to show her off afterwards, but she was too wound up. :rundog: I got nothing done so we left early! :ashamed: Yay! Happy Friday! :w00t:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
She was a trooper and is all decked out in a new bandanna and bow. They only had her there for about 2 hours, waiting for her to completely dry. They were going to paint her toenails, but today was a busy day. She smells wonderful! I took her to my office to show her off afterwards, but she was too wound up. :rundog: I got nothing done so we left early! :ashamed: Yay! Happy Friday! :w00t:

:thumb3:See everything worked out for the best.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

No pics?????!!!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Good luck! I have been taking Amber to get her toes trimmed since she was a puppy and she loses her absolute mind every single time. The girls at the grooming parlor are great with her but as soon as Amber sees the trimmers she bites the trimmers and makes this ungodly sound that should not be from a dog. lol Eventually, they get her done but a task that should take a few minutes is usually more like an hour. Ruby could careless what you do to her.

Does she scream like they are killing her??? Daisy does that with the clippers and the dremmel! lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Happy to see it all went well !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.