Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sadly too many dogs get treated like this, and not like a family member and with the unconditional love they deserve and give to us. We see these forgotten pets in shelters, tied up in backyards, abandoned, neglected and abused. All dogs should be owned by EBN members, they deserve to be loved and cherished.

WAYS TO BREAK A DOG'S SPIRIT

We all love our Bully's very much...but not all doggies are as fortunate. These are a few things to ponder as we try and help the less fortunate ones. It's also a sign how far society has come, I suppose....but like all things, we have miles to go.

DO NONE OF THESE!

But listen to those around and see how many do.

No and stop it! Get off and sit down! Shut up and stop barking!
Imagine if you only heard negative voices all day long...

1ā€¢ Scold,Yell and Rubbing A Dog's Nose In It
Dog's do not feel guilt and this does nothing to "train" your dog. They react to the negative yelling from us..it reinforces the "bullying" aspect of humans. It's old school mentality and just mean!

2ā€¢ Hitting A Dog
Long gone are the days of dominance and animal submission and this is a very outdated belief and training method. All hitting does is teach the dog is that you are to be feared. If you need something to hit, take up a punching bag at the gym or seek anger management. Do not, however, bring a dog into your life. He or she does not deserve this treatment.

3ā€¢ Don't Walk Your Dog Or Spend Quality Time With He/She
If you want something that lives yet requires no attention other than to give it water and occasional sunlight, get a houseplant and not a pet. Dogs thrive on companionship, and without mental and physical stimulation, they slowly wither away. Have you ever seen a dog in a shelter who gets little to no interaction and how sad and destroyed his spirit becomes? Do not let this happen to your dog. We are all busy, but our pets rely on us. Walk away from the electronic devices and walk with your dog instead. No matter a dog's age, they need interaction with you.

4ā€¢ Leave A Dog Alone For Long Periods Of Time
Again, this is time for a houseplant and not a pet. Dogs need companionship: Not just for the emotional connection and to truly thrive but for their physical well being, too. Would you like to hold your pee in for 10 to 12 hours a day? In fact, some dogs will do so as not to upset their owner. Seek the services of a family member, friend, neighbor, pet sitter, or doggy day care if you must leave the dog for long hours at a time. Nothing destroys a dogā€™s spirit like emptiness, so donā€™t do it.

5ā€¢ Allowing A Dog To Suffer
If an animal is hurt or injured, please seek veterinary care. Allowing an animal to suffer in pain (and dogs are known to hide their symptoms) helps no one. Yes, veterinary care can be expensive, and yes, sometimes we as pet parents donā€™t want to hear our dogs are aging and showing signs of it. We owe it to our dogs to give back the unconditional love and dedication they provide to us.

Remember to speak up and stand up if you suspect an animal is suffering or being abused. Their life may depend on you.

Sourced from Pet360 and the Internet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 133

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so sad as we know this does happen :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Monica...I'm sure I speak for all here when I say,
it's beyond understanding WHY & HOW animals get abused,
neglected or abandoned. So very simple to find a loving home
if you can't or won't provide one for whatever reason.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I just dont get abuse either, its terrible for people to be so heartless!!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeah, the Catahoulia we just rescued was very withdrawn but once he got around the girls he has slowly but surely changed. he wouldn't get on the furniture or get in my lap for several months until he watched the girls jump up. Then once he figured out it was ok he doesn't think twice about hopping up and gettting his ears scratched.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.