Too many toys?

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Since I have had Buddy each week when going grocery shopping I can't resist buying him a new toy. Its kind of a ritual in which when I get home I say" Buddy I got you a new toy " and he knows exactly what I am saying as he runs to the kitchen and waits for me to take the tags off ect. He will grab his toy then run to the couch with it and it is hilarious. really. I should film him one day. Well He has 2 trash bags full of toys in my closet in my bedroom. Some he has really liked and I wash them. Some he has destroyed and I have had to throw them away. I live in a condo so storage space can be limited and I try to either throw out or donate things that just take up space so to speak. I was thinking what should I do with all these toys? Maybe to a shelter ? Maybe just trash them? I know I could keep them washed. save a few bucks and Buddy would never know the difference if a toy was new or not but I enjoy buying him his toys and few bucks isn't going to break me. Has anyone donated toys to a local animal shelter? I am thinking that is the way to go. Thanks

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I buy my dogs new toys about every 2 weeks (paydays… Lol) they are spoiled!!! I take their "old" toys to our local rescue or the animal shelter… I just make sure they are in good shape, no loose strings or pieces. I'm sure that your local rescues will really appreciate it!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, I donate to shelters, my vet office and rescues..... contact a local one and ask if they want them. If not, we can tell you a few that will take them ;)

BTW -- no such thing as too many toys when it comes to these guys! I have a toy basket on all three floors of the house ... not spolied at all

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I end up trashing Canelo's toys because he destroys them. He has so many toys he can't keep up with them and I rotate them. When kids come to visit, they can't bring their favorite toy because once they enter the house they are Canelo's, lol. This past weekend Husband bought a big stuffed gator for himself and upon entering the house, Canelo was after him trying to grab HIS new toy, lol. He can never have too many toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls and the catahoula destroy toys so I am no help here. The toys last for months but after about 7 months of being tugged on by three dogs they give out. Good luck.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
My girl gets new toys everytime we go shopping she is spoilt!!! But so worth it! I can't donate her old ones as she trashes them

Donna...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Never too many toys, but donating the ones he doesn't play with any more is a good idea.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I love the donation idea too, I've got a basket full of toys - some Bocephus has touched once and decided in his bulldog brilliance that they aren't for him

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I work across the street from a Marshall's and whenever I feel guilty for working so much overtime, I go and get Ruckus some goodies. So...he gets a lot of new toys...it doesn't help that my coworkers like to help pick them out...enablers they are. I see up holes in the stuffed ones until it's futile and then toss them.

OP
B

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks. I think I will go ahead and call Paws2help in West palm. They're a great place and a non profit. For the animals and not profit is there slogan. Thanks everyone

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.