4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Hey, Meatball has some sort of infection in his wrinkles. Some of you suggested witch hazel, powder etc. His vet appointment is Friday in the mean time I wanted to help him. HOW does everyone do it!!!!!!!!!!! I did the witch hazel and never got to the powder!!!!! The world came to an end with meatball!! He ran for cover, I bribed him with every treat that usually meatball would sell his soul for, than when I finally got him out he ran and rolled around like crazy. It was like Texas chainsaw massacre over here, his infection really started bleeding from his reaction!!!! Seriously he turned down bacon, Meatball NEVER turns down bacon.

any advice on keeping him still to clean him out? Or do I need bulldog Xanax?

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Omg that sounds like my Rocco. He hates when I clean him. I used witch hazel. When I took rocco in a few months a go.they fave me medicated wipes. I try giving him a treat and nope he runs. I have to do it well hes about to fall asleep.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... can you put his leash/harness on the stand on it so he can not run around till it dries or is there someone that can hold him for you?

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
UGH.... can you put his leash/harness on the stand on it so he can not run around till it dries or is there someone that can hold him for you?
Will try the leash when husband comes home tonight. It's a collar, we never needed a harness for Meatball. He was always a great walker and never tries to pull or chase other dogs during walks. Thanks for the advice

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Will try the leash when husband comes home tonight. It's a collar, we never needed a harness for Meatball. He was always a great walker and never tries to pull or chase other dogs during walks. Thanks for the advice

lots of treats and praise once you finish too

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So if he has an infection the witch hazel might burn, which could be why he is running away. If his skin is cracked or already sensitive, you might want to stop using the witch hazel. Warm water and apple cider vinegar is a homemade alternative that works for some people. Ask the vet about duoxo wipes, they don't sting. I keep them handy for when Ruckus's wrinkles get irritated. I hope Meatball feels better soon!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
And once the infection is gone, keep up with the wrinkle maintenance every day, even if just with a dry kleenex, and Meatball should be ok with the routine of it. Lola lets me do all the wipes twice a day with a kleenex, douxo wipe, witch hazel, whatever we need. Paw, other paw, toes, other toes, boogies (eye wrinkles), other wrinkles (nose rope), ears, bum (tail pocket), wee (her wee), belly. I say all the words as I do it, and then the next time, i just need to say what I need to wipe and she's ready to get it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online