Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Help sores on Meatball!!

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant 4flowers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Help sores on Meatball!!

    Meatball has this sore in between his wrinkles! Bleeding everywhere!! Any of you super smart bully owners know what it is or do I need a vet visit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

  2. #2
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Probably a yeast or bacterial infection, looks like he has a hidden wrinkle pocket! I would clean it up with witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide, a bit of gold bond medicated power and try to dry it out. If it doesn't get better or starts getting worse then I would go to the vet.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #3
    Dog Park Attendant 4flowers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Probably a yeast or bacterial infection, looks like he has a hidden wrinkle pocket! I would clean it up with witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide, a bit of gold bond medicated power and try to dry it out. If it doesn't get better or starts getting worse then I would go to the vet.
    Thanks I will try that. His chin looks the Sam way and a couple of spots on his nose wrinkle. The picture I posted is by far the worse one. Today he was bleeding. I tried putting neosporin on, but he ran around rubbing his face in the carpet, and the bleeding actually got worse from his rubbing. I will pick up the stuff you mentioned, thanks!!!

  4. #4
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Thanks I will try that. His chin looks the Sam way and a couple of spots on his nose wrinkle. The picture I posted is by far the worse one. Today he was bleeding. I tried putting neosporin on, but he ran around rubbing his face in the carpet, and the bleeding actually got worse from his rubbing. I will pick up the stuff you mentioned, thanks!!!
    He could certainly have yeast infections in there, and when they are cleaned it itches like crazy. So the rubbing behavior is normal, I try to keep them distracted as long as possible after cleaning irritated wrinkles, playing hide the treat in the palm of my hand. You may need something stronger from the vet to clear those up, I always use panalog ointment from the vet it works really well on wrinkles, folds and tail pocket irritations.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Meatball has this sore in between his wrinkles! Bleeding everywhere!! Any of you super smart bully owners know what it is or do I need a vet visit
    That is what Winstons wrinkles looked like when we got him. He has really deep wrinkles and it was so sad. It was a yeast infection, he was put on antifungal meds and special wipes that helped greatly. Good luck!! His nose rope can get real funky real quick so I keep an extra close eye on his folds and wrinkles. Here is his after wrinkle man.

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11486

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Probably a yeast or bacterial infection, looks like he has a hidden wrinkle pocket! I would clean it up with witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide, a bit of gold bond medicated power and try to dry it out. If it doesn't get better or starts getting worse then I would go to the vet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    He could certainly have yeast infections in there, and when they are cleaned it itches like crazy. So the rubbing behavior is normal, I try to keep them distracted as long as possible after cleaning irritated wrinkles, playing hide the treat in the palm of my hand. You may need something stronger from the vet to clear those up, I always use panalog ointment from the vet it works really well on wrinkles, folds and tail pocket irritations.
    totally agree......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #7
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3552

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    poor guy. Good luck.
    Hug your bully today

  8. #8
    agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    jimmyjj's Avatar
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Location
    A Scottish guy living in England
    Posts
    2,715
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)
    475

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    I would say best to get a skin scrape and wash with dermodex


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Dog Park Attendant 4flowers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Thanks everyone. I'm taking him to the vet. I bought witch hazel and the medicated golds powder. Will use this stuff until his appointment.

  10. #10
    Dog Park Attendant 4flowers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    He could certainly have yeast infections in there, and when they are cleaned it itches like crazy. So the rubbing behavior is normal, I try to keep them distracted as long as possible after cleaning irritated wrinkles, playing hide the treat in the palm of my hand. You may need something stronger from the vet to clear those up, I always use panalog ointment from the vet it works really well on wrinkles, folds and tail pocket irritations.
    Well hide the treat SO did not work. I cleaned out his rolls with witch hazel, like you suggested, and you would have though a earthquake hit!!!!! He ran for cover under my bed, I showed him bananas, treats, blueberries, ice etc all the things he would normally sell his soul for! Never did get to put the Golds powder on him but it definitely bled because of his reaction. I think I need Xanax for dogs to do this. I'm taking him to the vet on Friday but till than I was trying to make it better.

  11. #11
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Help sores on Meatball!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Well hide the treat SO did not work. I cleaned out his rolls with witch hazel, like you suggested, and you would have though a earthquake hit!!!!! He ran for cover under my bed, I showed him bananas, treats, blueberries, ice etc all the things he would normally sell his soul for! Never did get to put the Golds powder on him but it definitely bled because of his reaction. I think I need Xanax for dogs to do this. I'm taking him to the vet on Friday but till than I was trying to make it better.
    Poor baby, hopefully it will help after he's settled down. If you do try to apply powder later, try using a it on a cotton ball so it doesn't get up his nose or in his eyes. Certainly don't try if he won't cooperate. Please keep us posted.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •