Help sores on Meatball!!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball has this sore in between his wrinkles! Bleeding everywhere!! Any of you super smart bully owners know what it is or do I need a vet visit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 158

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Probably a yeast or bacterial infection, looks like he has a hidden wrinkle pocket! I would clean it up with witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide, a bit of gold bond medicated power and try to dry it out. If it doesn't get better or starts getting worse then I would go to the vet.

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Probably a yeast or bacterial infection, looks like he has a hidden wrinkle pocket! I would clean it up with witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide, a bit of gold bond medicated power and try to dry it out. If it doesn't get better or starts getting worse then I would go to the vet.
Thanks I will try that. His chin looks the Sam way and a couple of spots on his nose wrinkle. The picture I posted is by far the worse one. Today he was bleeding. I tried putting neosporin on, but he ran around rubbing his face in the carpet, and the bleeding actually got worse from his rubbing. I will pick up the stuff you mentioned, thanks!!!:(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks I will try that. His chin looks the Sam way and a couple of spots on his nose wrinkle. The picture I posted is by far the worse one. Today he was bleeding. I tried putting neosporin on, but he ran around rubbing his face in the carpet, and the bleeding actually got worse from his rubbing. I will pick up the stuff you mentioned, thanks!!!:(

He could certainly have yeast infections in there, and when they are cleaned it itches like crazy. So the rubbing behavior is normal, I try to keep them distracted as long as possible after cleaning irritated wrinkles, playing hide the treat in the palm of my hand. You may need something stronger from the vet to clear those up, I always use panalog ointment from the vet it works really well on wrinkles, folds and tail pocket irritations.

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Meatball has this sore in between his wrinkles! Bleeding everywhere!! Any of you super smart bully owners know what it is or do I need a vet visit
That is what Winstons wrinkles looked like when we got him. He has really deep wrinkles and it was so sad. It was a yeast infection, he was put on antifungal meds and special wipes that helped greatly. Good luck!! His nose rope can get real funky real quick so I keep an extra close eye on his folds and wrinkles. Here is his after ;) wrinkle man.
e638b5b765be6655a48b053a85ac9967.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

He could certainly have yeast infections in there, and when they are cleaned it itches like crazy. So the rubbing behavior is normal, I try to keep them distracted as long as possible after cleaning irritated wrinkles, playing hide the treat in the palm of my hand. You may need something stronger from the vet to clear those up, I always use panalog ointment from the vet it works really well on wrinkles, folds and tail pocket irritations.

totally agree......

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I would say best to get a skin scrape and wash with dermodex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Thanks everyone. I'm taking him to the vet. I bought witch hazel and the medicated golds powder. Will use this stuff until his appointment.:(

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Well hide the treat SO did not work. I cleaned out his rolls with witch hazel, like you suggested, and you would have though a earthquake hit!!!!! He ran for cover under my bed, I showed him bananas, treats, blueberries, ice etc all the things he would normally sell his soul for! Never did get to put the Golds powder on him but it definitely bled because of his reaction. I think I need Xanax for dogs to do this. I'm taking him to the vet on Friday but till than I was trying to make it better. :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well hide the treat SO did not work. I cleaned out his rolls with witch hazel, like you suggested, and you would have though a earthquake hit!!!!! He ran for cover under my bed, I showed him bananas, treats, blueberries, ice etc all the things he would normally sell his soul for! Never did get to put the Golds powder on him but it definitely bled because of his reaction. I think I need Xanax for dogs to do this. I'm taking him to the vet on Friday but till than I was trying to make it better. :(

Poor baby, hopefully it will help after he's settled down. If you do try to apply powder later, try using a it on a cotton ball so it doesn't get up his nose or in his eyes. Certainly don't try if he won't cooperate. Please keep us posted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.