2 random questions

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
With training starting to go well (BIG sigh of relief), 2 semi - separate issues have come to light.

1. Reminder, Chubbs is almost 5 months! Whenever we come back in from a walk, he starts running around the living room & kitchen. Is this normal? Is it possible for a bully to want to go out for a long walk?

2. Who takes care of your bully(ies)?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
5 months, awww I remember when Ruckus was just a chubby puppy.

To respond to your questions:

1. Ruckus does this in the mornings sometimes -- we will go for a walk then he will come inside, grab a toy and prance around like it's playtime. Yes, some bullies love walks. Ruckus will go on very long walks on the fall and winter when the weather is nice.

2. Ruckus is spoiled. Keith and I have a lot of wiggle room to work from home so Ruckus isn't alone a lot. We also take him everywhere, even on long road trips. (However, he is fine if we leave him home for the day while we're at work). The only time we've left him overnight with someone else a few times and one babysitter won't be asked back because they didn't clean his wrinkles correctly.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
1. I've witnessed some out breaks like that in my house. There's some energy left there...bullya are not always the couch potatoes people think they are...
2. Me and my hubby, mostly me.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
1. Bella has spurts of running, sometimes spinning out running so fast when she comes in its so funny....:rundog::rundog::rundog:
2. Me and her dad....

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The boys are 8 months old. Emmitt loves to go any where at any time. When he see the harness he is ready. Rogan runs to the same place under a table. I think he thinks we cannot see him. He doesn't want to go anywhere at anytime. They take a short walk and come in like they have walked 1/4 mile. Then when they come back in they go Wild. Chasing, barking and biting at each other.
Weesie watches the boys. When they want to go out I say No not sure where they are. And she lets them out. Or I think I have lost my phone. Weesie I think someone is at the door. And she lets them out. I'm thinking by the time the boys turn 2 years old I might publish a book. Ralphieboys way on training two Bulldogs..... and a wife...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
1. we refer to this as a 'spaz-attack'.... just so happy they gotta run like crazy!

2. we always have family come stay with them wehn we are not around/away

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
1. I call it "bully gone wild" and it's hilarious. I love getting them all worked up and seeing them bolt around. it happens randomly at our house, mostly after going poop.
2. it's just me and their dad who take care of them, unless we go out of town and we have friends/neighbors that watch them.

Most Reactions