wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Usually when he is done eating he runs into the other room and we play for an hour or so before he gets tired. This morning he ate and went right into his bed and fell asleep with no desire to play. Same this this afternoon when I took him out of his crate for lunch. This isn't like him :(

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I bet just like human babies he
is going threw a growth spurt. His
body is using up all the energy to grow.

bullrock30

Sep 7, 2010
Edmonton, Ab. Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Titus....aka: Tigerlily and Tightywhitey and Lickin Liesel the "Boston" cant forget her
Im guessing if he is eating, drinking normally with good stools and no signs of discomfort. A growth spurt is probley right. How old is he? They can also feel just like us, and have "off" days, where you just feel drained or under the weather. Keep us updated:yes:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I agree with [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION], he is going through a growth spurt. Just give it a couple days. Unless of course something else develops.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. Like everyone said, it's a great sign that his appetite hasn't changed. Stig has his super-hyper energy days, then there are those when he seems like he would sleep/nap for 20 hrs within a day. But of course take notice of how he is the next little while.

Last edited:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Brodie goes thru that...I swear he slept all day yesterday, except for eating and pottying! Now Saturday no napping at all and played hard all day...we figured Sunday he was recovering from a full day of playing. Some nights he is also like that...some he plays after he eats and some he will get up on the couch and sleep or will go get in his bed. I am sure he is fine!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, Frank definitely had his "sleepy" days. We were worried too at first when he just seemed to sleep for 2 days straight, but then he was right back to playing again.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I would not worry, infact, just like a baby, enjoy the piece!! Tomorrow is a new day and after all the rest today, you might have a NON-stop sort of day, I have had both, I worry when he is a little lethargic, then wish he was when he is constantly being a wild-man and I can't take my eyes off of him for more than 5 min. without him being or doing something else. This Morning when I was in the shower I got out to find, a pair of underware, a washcloth and a sock in his crate, this happened within 15 min.!!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
don't worry dad! like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] said, he'll probably be a little hellraiser tomorrow. :lol: like everyone else said too, just watch and make sure he isn't becoming listless.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester will sometimes want to play, sometimes lay down, sometimes chase the shih tzu.. he just may have just decided today that he's tired. I agree, as long as his appetite is there, he'll be fine!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I agree with [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION], he is going through a growth spurt. Just give it a couple days. Unless of course something else develops.

I agree as well. Growth spurt as long as he IS eating and there is nothing wrong with his stool and urination.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Any update on Guiness [MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] - is he back to his happy self today?

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
yea he is fine he is back to being a little :poo:

Most Reactions