erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
since we brought Betsy home. She is now 15 weeks. We were having tons of issues with her peeing in her crate and we were up every two hours with her. After her second round of antibotics, (uti) I am happy to say she is sleeping 6.5 hours in our bed. I think she could go longer but I don't want to chance it and find out so I inch up the time every few days. Days are still an issue and she only holds it in the crate now for 2.5 hours. I have taken out all of the bedding and that helps. She has no clue about potty training but I am on a great schedule! Maybe 1 accident a day which I will gladly take. We do everything by the book, out every hour, treats when going, goes after eating, playing and sleeping. I just read my old posts about Ernie(who I now consider a camel and I have to make him go outside a few times a day). I was laughing. He was not housebroken until 8 months and I was letting him out every 45 minutes. Nothing clicked until 8 months. so now it has completely relaxed me that 15 weeks is NOTHING in bulldog world! I live with my boots and coat on and dread the weekends when my "helpers" are home.:no:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:bravo: keep up the great work... consistency and patience will pay off

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
you're doing a great job! I'm sure the UTI didn't help with housebreaking either.

I was really fortunate with Curly because the breeders were already house training him to go in a baby pool which was lined with pee pads from birth, so all I needed to really do was set up a baby pool in the house and by the time he outgrew it (about 4-5 months) he was fully housebroken.

Patience and consistency is all you need. you will push through :)

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Does she have any linen/bed in her crate? Ace used to do excellent without anything inside his crate. As soon as I put a bed or towel, he would pee on it. I removed it, and wala!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
What a great job you're doing! My first 3 bullies were a breeze to house train--I swear they were! Then I got Winnie.... She will be 6 months tomorrow and I think she's pretty much just gotten it. She hasn't had an accident in two weeks, except once when she went on a mad tear around the house right before bed and she ran in the bathroom and pooped on the floor. Today, for the first time, she went to the back door and made a little growling noise to let me know she wanted out. YAY Winnie! That's what I want! I've cleaned up lots of puddles in front of the door because she wouldn't wait for me to see her there.

Winnie has been my only dog ever to pee in her crate. That makes house training so much more difficult, because you lose the use of the crate as a valuable tool. I also took out her bedding and started feeding her in her crate, and now she hasn't peed in the crate for a long time.

I think you're doing great and the great schedule you have her on is key!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online