Dog show and the bully obsession that takes over

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So does anyone get :angry: when they overlook the :bully:

I was watching Eukanuba AKC championship yesterday, just to see the bullies. First of all I wish the group they put them in had a better name. Seriously, non-sporting is the best they can come up with??

Also i understand judges know what they are looking for but I end up getting mad because they pick dare I say it, ugly dogs. bwahahahaha.

My husband about had a heart attack because we were watching and they showed the English Bulldog and I uhm, squealed.

I guess you know you are a crazy bulldog person, completely obssessed when you do that and I also DVR all shows that have English Bulldogs in them.

I didn't realize this but other than the damn arcade on here I got addicted to (hats off to [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] :up:) i drove my husband crazy because i made us watch crap we don't like just to watch the bulldog in the show. Obsessed I say.

I seriously need to find a rescue shelter near my home so I can volunteer to get my bully fixes. Don't get me wrong, me loves my Bear but well you all know what I mean right? I'm not crazy, nope not me :crazy:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Someone get this poor girl some pics and videos quick! She needs a bulldog fix badly!!!

Here is Yuna as a pup. This may help you. For a little while anyway.

imag006-3.jpg

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] AHHHHHHHHHHHHH she is suhweet. Beautiful, thank you :)

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
We watched the dog show on the American Thanksgiving and we watching for like 2 hours and they literally showed the "non-sporting" bulldog (there was only 1) for like 2 seconds I was so upset because he was beautiful!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We watched that show on ABC yesterday and the pudgy bully was on for like you said 2 seconds, if that. Had to wait the whole show looking at those other things before we saw a real dog. That bully sure hadn't missed any meals from what we saw of it.. lol

We watched that instead of the Packer/Bears game... how bad is that?

golfrmom64

Oct 26, 2010
Easley, SC
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzie, Abbie & Georgia
I agree with you all - I watched the show @ thanksgiving and was very, very disappointed to see only 2 seconds of that beautiful bulldog is the running and then had to wait for the commercial break to come back and they had already announce the winner.......ugh! They (meaning Bulldogs) need to have their own class....if that were possible....

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I don't even bother to watch those dog shows anymore. They sqaush it all into an hour. The reason there's only one Bulldog (one of every breed) is because they won their breed, all they show are the groups, and they actually have edited it all, so they show the winners, not the ones we want see, unless they happen to win and go to the best of show at the end. Now, that said, next month is the Westminster Dog Show and they do a much better job of televising that one. They show ALL the breed winners equally, it's on 2 or 3 nights in a row. And I've heard that you can go online and actually pull up the breed competitions. I haven't tried it, but we might be able to see all the Bullies , not just the groups that they show on TV. We'll have to try this and see what we can see!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] They have some beautiful Bullies here

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.