Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bully Timeouts

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Timeouts

Lola used to get time outs in her crate until she calmed down, but I started using the coins in a can thing and as soon as she see's that can come out she goes from devil to angel in a snap! The can is amazing!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullet View Post
    i am working on this as well. Bullet plays sooooo rough sometimes with my chocolate lab! you should see how he bites and pulls at his ears and loose skin around his neck to a point where it starts to hurt my lab or runs full speed and chest butts him in the side! my lab is tolerant but i am not! i tell him no, be nice, bad boy and if he continues i scoot (yes, guiding his rump) him into the laundry room where i have a slatted louvered door that i shut to keep him in there. i also wait 3-5 min and let him out and as i open the door i stop him and get down to his level and tell him "be nice". i keep consistant and he is somewhat changing. it's hard to punish him just like it is to do so with my children. ugh. lol
    @Momma2Bullet i have the same problem with our lab and bullie!!! except the lab (bo) is the one that gets to rough and will pull on lex's loose skin. lex will run behind bo and bite his back leg from behind or grab his tail and start pulling lol.. its funny at times but theres a point that i have to say no!!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

we put our bullies in time out when they start playing too rough w each other...and the exact thing happens we put them in their crates and in 5 mintues they are asleep...the funny thing is when spike sees the broom & the mop he automatically goes to his crate bc he knows its time for mommy to clean lol...its hillarious...sparkles on the other side LOVES to go to her brother's crate and poop in it so we tell her no poopie in spike's crate and then put her in her crate for 5 mins....the wierd thing is we take her out she walks around for like 5 mins doesnt go and then comes inside and poops in spike's crate... :[ she does this all the time. she is a brat.
    <3 Crystal Alonso
    Proud Mom of Spike & Sparkles

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

We have no reason to put Gracie in time out. There is a reason she is called Angel Princess Gracie.. LOL

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie's Mom View Post
    My girls play WAY too rough and when they do, they go to their crates. No 3-5 minutes, because they're sleeping in a minute.
    Lucy is like that she loves her crate and always snuggles down for a sleep so her "time out" lasts until she wakes up

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We don't do time-outs .... Maggie however has started to become a little "bi-atch" whenever Daddy comes within a half mile radius of her, so we are starting to pin her down to make sure she realises that it is not acceptable behaviour. However, as I am the only one using/doing the pinning .... then it's not working quite as quickly as I would have hoped!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads