bullynews

Nov 25, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
tbc
Hi all, your thoughts appreciated please. Our bulldog is 11 months (had him one month). Ticking along nicely until he has just started the habit of biting for attention (constant attention). Thought could get on top of this by playing with fav toy intermittently and then we could relax with content dog. NO, he has decided that he will talk or bark louder and louder and attempt to bite until we give him attention again. This happens when I come in from being out at work but hubbie has been with him calm all day with walk around, play and two walks a day (20 mins each)

We appreciate he very clever, we use same words, down or gentle to stop jumping up or not be rough but we haven't quite got this one worked out yet :excited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Every time you give in to his demands you're in it deeper. If you want this behaviour to stop you should never start even playing with him when he want's. You should decide when to play and when he gets any kind of attention. If he demands it just ignore him or growl him away like an older dog would.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Every time you give in to his demands you're in it deeper. If you want this behaviour to stop you should never start even playing with him when he want's. You should decide when to play and when he gets any kind of attention. If he demands it just ignore him or growl him away like an older dog would.

I agree but when he bites or gets ready to / overexcited I would have a metal tin with about 10 coins in at the ready. Shake and say no in a commanding voice.
9 out of 10 bullies hate noise.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good advice, and if the can of coins does not work.... get a spray bottle add water and squirt side of face with a firm NO

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good advice above. He is still a pup at heart so he needs to be taught what is acceptable behavior. Also try nothing in life is free and make him work for everything.

OP
B

bullynews

Nov 25, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
tbc
Thank you, really appreciate comments. Going to try your suggestions.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I have this pretty much the same problem with ruby she's six month old, although she doesn't bite for attention if she sees me on my phone or iPad she climbs on my knee and stands in front of the phone or iPad, we're trying NO and moving her out the way.

Donna...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.