Thread: Bringing home male puppy with current adult neutered male..

Country
    Ontario, Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Default Bringing home male puppy with current adult neutered male..

Just wondering if anyone has brought home a male puppy into a home with a neutered male eb? I know there is the potential for issues. Our current eb isn't dog aggressive. He tries to be the official greeter at the vet clinic. lol. We also have a female mastiff that will not allow another female in the house. So we picked a laid back male puppy. I've emailed pretty much every breeder I could find to ask. All but one said it should be fine as long as both males are neutered.

What do you all think?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bringing home male puppy with current adult neutered male..

I have not had this issue myself. We have male and female.

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

I have a 5 year old male neutered english bulldog and a 12 year old female spayed boxer. We recently got a male boxer puppy and have had absolutely no problems. We brought the puppy home in July. I did make sure to get him neutered as soon as he was old enough. I think he was 5 months. There is no fighting at all. Years ago a breeder told me two males are find as long as they are neutered and to neuter them before they reach maturity.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Honestly from my experience being neutered does not make a huge difference. Has more to do with temperaments of both dogs. Have them meet on neutral ground somewhere your dog is not familiar. Have them meet at a distance at first to see how they react. Once comfortable you can allow them to come closer and closer until eventually they are close enough to sniff rears. Avoid face to face if possible. Once they're used to eachother you can walk them together so that they can see one another is not a threat and then hopefully you can take them both home.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

As long as your boy is laid back and likes other dogs, he should be fine, and adult dogs usually will tolerate a pup and become play mates. As long as your new pup does not grow up being aggressive to other dogs, you should not have any problems. Ask the breeder if the sire and dam both get along with other dogs, as aggression can be passed down. We had a beautiful ch. female that when she got older did not like other dogs. We bred her one last time and she had 4 beautiful pups. One we were going to keep for show and breed, but once she got around a year old, she turned into her mama, and hated other dogs, so we spayed her and found her a loving fur-ever home.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Remove Ads