Bulldog relocation - KC to Phoenix

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
No no, dont think Im going to let Colossus go. We are relocating to Phoenix from Kansas City and have a couple of questions:

1) Any vet recommendations in the Phoenix area? Ill be in the northern part of Phoenix, but will drive to a good vet. Preferably someone with bulldog experience (or whose office personnel actually have bulldogs).

2) Other than normal heat concerns, what else should I be worried about when relocating?

3) The drive out - how do I make sure he maintains a sense of calm, he enjoys car rides, but sometimes gets a bit anxious.

Just cause I know we are bulldog crazy (and pictures get more responses) heres Colossus. Colossus 10 24 14.jpgColossus 09 01 14.jpgColossus 05 18 14.jpg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well I have no relocation experience but Colossus is adorable. Others will be along to actually give you advice. lol sorrry!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... best of luck with your move. Water and potty breaks every 2-3 hours . We do trips form Philly to Chicago once a year and that did the trick for our pups

I'll tag some AZ members for you

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
In the summer always go outside with them for potty breaks, no walks as the cement and pavement are like walking on hot coals. The rest of the year is marvelous! Good luck on the move!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is a GREAT looking bulldog! Wow! Best of luck on your move, congrats getting out of the MO.!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi there - I think [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] hit a few good points. The main issue is heat. It can kill a bulldog in minutes so you must use caution and never walk or exercise your bully in the heat of the summer. It's just too much for them. But, if Colossus is anything like mine, he'll be happy to relax in the AC anyway!

Also, be careful of some desert critters. Most are harmless but some are not - especially Black Widow spiders, which we get all the time.

I live in SE Phoenix so I don't have a suggestion regarding a vet since it is about an hour drive from where you'll be living to where I'm located. Perhaps check out our recommended vet thread?

Good luck and if you have any questions, just let us know!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.