bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Radar is 13 months is allergic it seems like to everything in our house and everything outside he is on zydect 2 times daily plus 100mg of atopic a every other day but he will randomly walk all funny and not use his right rear leg and and act like his ears need scratched and automatically sit I have taken him outside and he doesn't need to poop what could it be? He is also super humpy the last 2 weeks.
7e94fd79569416ed74080f7333d4dafb.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Have you looked at the side effects of the meds he is on? It could be the dosage of the one is too high and could be causing the leg issue but i would say consult with a vet about that. A lot of allergies in these guys are related to food as well. So, the next question is what are you feeding him?

Other than that has anything else changed in the environment like cleaning products, laundry detergent etc.. ?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Todd… I would start w/the food/treats and go from there...

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
We go to vet on Friday for our yearly check up I will check the dosage. Nothing has really changed radar is eating Fromm he was eating beef fritatta but I ordered lamb and lentil last time he likes it and I think his watery eyes are better, but that may because it is cold here and his environmental allergies may be frozen solid. He occasionally had this issue on the beef fritatta do they have growing pains like 9 year old does occasionally

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with Todd and Tracey.... and, yes they do experience growing pains

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I will try the food how do I go about it I don't want to mess it up do I start bland and add ingrediants?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We go to vet on Friday for our yearly check up I will check the dosage. Nothing has really changed radar is eating Fromm he was eating beef fritatta but I ordered lamb and lentil last time he likes it and I think his watery eyes are better, but that may because it is cold here and his environmental allergies may be frozen solid. He occasionally had this issue on the beef fritatta do they have growing pains like 9 year old does occasionally

Yes they can have growing pains. It is called Panosteitis or Pano for short. My Harlea had it when she was about 4 months old and it freaked me out. It can bounce from leg to leg with no apparent injury and can come and go up until they hit 2 years of age.

Food wise you are doing great. It could be one of the ingredients that is not agreeing with him though. Lamb is considered a hot protein so some animals are more sensitive to it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.