moosedt

Nov 21, 2013
southern california
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I have a 1 1\2 yr English bulldog When I take her on walks she goes crazy when we are trying to put the leash on and whines. :excited:I have been taking her on walks and she see my daughter on the swing or bike or skateboard and goes after her. We can be walking and she leaves to go play and when we come up to her she whines and wants to go after her to play. She jumps and looks like she chokes herself to get to her.:evil: She tries to eat the swing or the tires and my daughter gets hurt. But if she not on the swing or bike she we'll run with her and play without whining or going crazy. When we get home she has no problem coming to her and laying or petting her. Please help

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Perhaps she thinks that the swing tire or skateboard is hurting your daughter? I don't have any children so it's just a guess. Someone else will probably have a better theory. But perhaps you have to bring her to the objects when your daughter is not on them, and de-sensitize her.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with Lynne and I think she loves to play! I think if you keep walking her she'll eventually grow out of the whining.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sounds like she thinks the items are hurting her ... try as Lynn stated, get her near them and let her get used to the item. it could also be that she just does not like them... my girl regardless of how many times over the 9 yrs with her she hates the vacuum and we could not get her to stop attacking it. we had to place her in another room or outside whenever I vacuum

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Has Maggie been through some basic obedience classes? you mentioned she whines and "goes crazy" when u try putting her leash on. Is this b/c she's happy to be going out or is she resisting?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.