Blood in pups stool

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Hi I've been noticing that our pup has a bit of blood at the end of his stool. What is the cause of this? We feed him Royal Canine medium puppy food mixed with warm water on the recommendation of the breeder. Add a bit of pumpkin. He also gets his Nuvet daily. This happens not all the time... occasionally I'd say.

I'll be going to the vet for the first time on Thurs to get his second vaccine shots so I'll ask him. Just wondering if you guys get this with your pups?

7ac96d5649ed685278ce691fbc4661d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
take a sample of his poo with you to check for any issues... might be giardia. I would also look for a better food RC is not really a good food.

OP
slowly

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Thanks for that. I'll take a stool sample to the vet. Yes I too was wondering about how soft his stool is.

OP
slowly

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Well the funny thing is he has no other symptoms. He plays fine, sleeps well, and eats like a horse. Just his poop which is concerning [emoji27]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When my Frenchie was a pup, having had a clean bill of health-no worms, coccidia,giardia,etc. she had blood in her stools. Once I switched her to a grain free food, it all cleared up and was fine.

boodro82

Nov 28, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Novah
My pup novah had a Lil spec of blood like that but smaller ,my vet tested everything and she had a parasite so he gave a antibiotic

boodro82

Nov 28, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Novah
Also I was feeding blue puppy without grain and I had to change to royal c , it's very good food

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good advice above, hope your pup gets better soon.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie had loose stools with red blood just like your picture. When I took her to the vet, she had coccidia. This is very common in puppies and easily treatable. Hope she's better soon! Winnie also was eating great, playing normally--she felt fine.

OP
slowly

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Just a quick update: went to the vet and showed her pic of stool. She says the soft stool most likely needs deworming. She says to keep an eye on the blood but she's not too worried as it's just the end. Most likely popped blood vessel while he's pushing.

I gave Norman deworming med and his stool has hardened up nicely. The blood I get occasionally but not everytime.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just a quick update: went to the vet and showed her pic of stool. She says the soft stool most likely needs deworming. She says to keep an eye on the blood but she's not too worried as it's just the end. Most likely popped blood vessel while he's pushing.

I gave Norman deworming med and his stool has hardened up nicely. The blood I get occasionally but not everytime.

good to hear he is improving.... thanks for the update

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.