super hyper bully

moosect

May 13, 2011
now i'm not sure but people i have talked to say bulldogs are lazy and don't like running around . my 1 1/2 year old maggie is starting to drive me and my family nuts. don't get me wrong we love her but do they calm down? you mention the work walk and she goes nuts jumping all over the place, whining , biting at her leach just goes nuts. she has started going after my daughter on the swings, jumping at her , and at times biting at her bike or skate board tires.

any suggestions on how to calm her down.

moose and family

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
More outdoor activity and play time. Canelo is 3 and has his spurts. We play tug of war(I get my arm workout), he loves the laser (don't say laser, that's a trigger word), and dog parks, he will try to keep up with the other dogs but wears down fast. That's how we do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

boodro82

Nov 28, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Novah
I don't no who started the english bulldog lazy thing , I can say they are a as lazy a as you make them ,
This is for the person who asked if ur bulldog was pure,,do you know what and why english bulldogs were breed for? Well they would bait bulls ,, and they have a rep for short bursty energy

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
My female is super hyper and always has been since she was just a pup and she is 2 now I'm hoping it'll go away after awhile but I don't know I haven't found anything to stop it even if you take her outside and ware her out

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies do have a lot of energy when they are young and will usually settle down when they get older, like around 5 years old or so. Some sooner than others. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] gave you some good advise and a great article to read.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
My two guys are about the same age (one year old) but Bella is our wild child who is a lot like tigger and is going ninety miles an hour from when she is let out of her crate in the morning till she goes to bed.
Dozer on the other hand is a lot like Eeyore and is very slow at everything. he would have to be our lazy bully so I guess it comes down to there individual energy level.
Working with a trainer and taking Bella on daily walks has helped with her energy level a lot but have to stay on her all the time.Letting her excitement get to high means losing any control of her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of my bulldogs eventually became very lazy, but not until they were about 3 years old. Now they just sleep most of the day. Sounds like she needs a bit of training to let her know what is acceptable and what's not. The training link [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] gave you is a great way to start.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
We have 90 minutes of wide open. Then they are pooped. Those Elk antlers keep them busy. I would suspect one would require more attention. All I have to do is call one or the other and it is on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.