Having trouble getting in contact with my Breeder

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I have something wierd going on. I am having major trouble getting in contact with my breeder? Has anyone experienced that? I have some questions and concerns with my bulldog puppy and needs his advice, However it's very difficult to get in contact with him. After months of texting and calling he finally responds almost 4 months later. I am trying to contact him again but to no avail no answer to my phone call or text. In the contract for my bulldog it says to contact the breeder first for any issues questions or concerns amongst other things. I had friend text/ call him ( he has a new litter of puppies) and he responded right away. I want to think that it's due to the fact that he has very young puppies but who knows...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sigh.... sad but some breeders once they have your money they have no time for you. leave a msg saying you are interested in a second puppy and if he call sback you know it is truely all about the money. sorry to be so blunt, but it happens more than not.

What issues or questions do you have... many here are willing to help.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I was so afraid of that :( I am going to draft my issues I am having with my pup and post in a few minutes thanks for your help

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt until you said he responded to your friends message about his litter.

I have issues with bad breeders and can't let things like this go. So I'd probably write a letter to the AKC, the Bulldog Club of America and every bulldog group on FB stating what's going on.
The clubs, other breeders and prospective clinets should be aware that once this breeder sells a pup, he doesn't honor his end of the contract.

Since there's no standard for breeders, and laws can't agree on what constitutes a puppy mill, maybe it's time owners and rescues get together and do something. These people need to be called out.

<Steps off the podium>

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
yea..I am at a lost for words that it is possible that I got a dog from a bad breeder. It also says in his contract that if you cannot for whatever reason keep the dog you must return it to the breeder I can only imagine someone who does have to return a pup they got from him and he doesn't respond.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt until you said he responded to your friends message about his litter.

I have issues with bad breeders and can't let things like this go. So I'd probably write a letter to the AKC, the Bulldog Club of America and every bulldog group on FB stating what's going on.
The clubs, other breeders and prospective clinets should be aware that once this breeder sells a pup, he doesn't honor his end of the contract.

Since there's no standard for breeders, and laws can't agree on what constitutes a puppy mill, maybe it's time owners and rescues get together and do something. These people need to be called out.

<Steps off the podium>

you know what's even more interesting.He texted my friends's number weeks later with pics of the pup and the price this was after her initial contact asking about the litter

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, sounds like a crappy breeder!!! I cannot believe they are not returning your calls. :pissed:

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
We got goob from a breeder in southern california..She was/is amazing. The first day we got Goob, he was coughing and vomitting every so often and we called her the next day. She set up an appointment at Dr. Butchko, met us there, got us in front of the others in the waiting room, paid for the x rays and bloodwork, and told us that if there was a genetic defect, that she would take Goob back and either give us back all of our money OR give us first pick of one of her following litters. Months later, I was worried about Goob's aggressive tendencies and she invited us back to her house to see how he responded to her dogs and her kids. She gave us great tips and said that we could bring him back any time. I sent her pictures of Goob as he grew older and she always responded same day.

I have very high regards for her. So much so that if my husband and I ever get another EB, we will purchase one from her...no questions. I'm so sorry that your breeder has not been helpful. I don't know what we would have done without her assistance.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
That's such wonderful news!, I am glad you have a breeder that still takes good care of you guys

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
We got goob from a breeder in southern california..She was/is amazing. The first day we got Goob, he was coughing and vomitting every so often and we called her the next day. She set up an appointment at Dr. Butchko, met us there, got us in front of the others in the waiting room, paid for the x rays and bloodwork, and told us that if there was a genetic defect, that she would take Goob back and either give us back all of our money OR give us first pick of one of her following litters. Months later, I was worried about Goob's aggressive tendencies and she invited us back to her house to see how he responded to her dogs and her kids. She gave us great tips and said that we could bring him back any time. I sent her pictures of Goob as he grew older and she always responded same day.

I have very high regards for her. So much so that if my husband and I ever get another EB, we will purchase one from her...no questions. I'm so sorry that your breeder has not been helpful. I don't know what we would have done without her assistance.

This is what I call a "reputable breeder." They are the ones they say to look for when you get a puppy. It's unfortunate that many breeders can pose as reputable breeders, but when something comes up.... and you really don't know without doing a lot of research. I think my last bully came from a questionable source and I didn't realize it until much later. Fortunately she didn't have any health problems. A reputable breeder will screen you very carefully before she sells you a puppy, she won't ship a puppy, she will let you see the parents and her facility, and she won't have a pay pal button on her website that you can send money to reserve or pay for a puppy. Guess I kind of got on a rant here, but it's just not fair that there are so many of those kinds of breeders out there. I'm sorry your breeder is impossible to reach, but maybe your baby is better off if you just take care of him yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't want to take him back at this point.
Goob had a great breeder--they should all be like her!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have something wierd going on. I am having major trouble getting in contact with my breeder? Has anyone experienced that? I have some questions and concerns with my bulldog puppy and needs his advice, However it's very difficult to get in contact with him. After months of texting and calling he finally responds almost 4 months later. I am trying to contact him again but to no avail no answer to my phone call or text. In the contract for my bulldog it says to contact the breeder first for any issues questions or concerns amongst other things. I had friend text/ call him ( he has a new litter of puppies) and he responded right away. I want to think that it's due to the fact that he has very young puppies but who knows...

This is not a good person, or a good breeder. Proof positive that it is ONLY about the money. Don't know what your contract says-but his story would be that contract time has run out. If you have questions-I wouldn't trust their answers anyway.I hope you don't have serious problems with your pup. This "so called breeder" is scum.
He might even be a broker. He is certainly not in it for the love(except the love of $)

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina

I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your new pup and that the breeder is being so crappy. Please, do post your questions here and we're all happy to give whatever advice we can.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I tried to contact the breeder where we got my bully boy just to thank him and share pics but I never heard from him . So glad it was not important:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
This is not a good person, or a good breeder. Proof positive that it is ONLY about the money. Don't know what your contract says-but his story would be that contract time has run out. If you have questions-I wouldn't trust their answers anyway.I hope you don't have serious problems with your pup. This "so called breeder" is scum.
He might even be a broker. He is certainly not in it for the love(except the love of $)

I was thinking the same thing.

OP
B

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
I tried to contact the breeder where we got my bully boy just to thank him and share pics but I never heard from him . So glad it was not important:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.