Does anyone use a Hepa-Filter for your bully's allergies??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have been considering buying a hepa-filter for about a year for Vegas's environmental allergies. His eye's are always so goopy when we get up in the mornings. Well today Joe and I go to an Estate Sale. Brand new, still in the box, never opened, Hepa-Filter!! Says it removes 99% of dust, smoke and allergens. We got it at the bargain price of $15.00~!!!! I came home and googled it. The filter is rated 6 out of 6 stars and Amazon and has wonderful reviews. Original price $120.00. :yes:

I have it plugged in by his crate, since that is where he chooses to sleep at night with the door open. I am really hoping to see a difference. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these, and what your opinion is on having a filter.

Thank You.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, great score. I have heard great things about these filters, although I've never had one. We only have the filter on our furnace, which we change every 2 months. I want to buy the ones that you can clean under water and reuse. It can't hurt to use a Hepa Filter, I'm sure it will help everyone in the house with better air quality.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have been considering buying a heapa-filter for about a year for Vegas's environmental allergies. His eye's are always so goopy when we get up in the mornings. Well today Joe and I go to an Estate Sale. Brand new, still in the box, never opened, Hepa-Filter!! Says it removes 99% of dust, smoke and allergens. We got it at the bargain price of $15.00~!!!! I came home and googled it. The filter is rated 6 out of 6 stars and Amazon and has wonderful reviews. Original price $120.00. :yes:

I have it plugged in by his crate, since that is where he chooses to sleep at night with the door open. I am really hoping to see a difference. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these, and what your opinion is on having a filter.

Thank You.

let me know if it helps. been debating getting one as well.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hi, great score. I have heard great things about these filters, although I've never had one. We only have the filter on our furnace, which we change every 2 months. I want to buy the ones that you can clean under water and reuse. It can't hurt to use a Hepa Filter, I'm sure it will help everyone in the house with better air quality.

We change our air filters every 30 day's here. It is Florida and VERY dusty!! We use to buy the very expensive ones that you can clean and re-use, really no difference. Then we bought the expensive filter's for allegies. Still filthy in 30 days. So now we just buy the middle grade filters and change the 1st of the month every month. I am telling you it is amazing how dirty they are in 30 days!!! I could dust just about every day here.

I know the hepa-filter sure isen't going to hurt anything, but just wondering if any one else uses them.

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
My wife and I use a hepa filter but it's more for my wife as she's allergic. Hard to quantitatively say if it works but I think it does. The airs circulating more and my wife reacts less. We may get another one and have two running on our main floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have hepa filters/uv room ionizers in all rooms of the house. Mostly because of my allergies. Even with all the light off in my house there is still plenty of light from uv air sanitizers. Lol

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
We use rabbit air filter and it does help. I vacuum the filters from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We change our air filters every 30 day's here. It is Florida and VERY dusty!! We use to buy the very expensive ones that you can clean and re-use, really no difference. Then we bought the expensive filter's for allegies. Still filthy in 30 days. So now we just buy the middle grade filters and change the 1st of the month every month. I am telling you it is amazing how dirty they are in 30 days!!! I could dust just about every day here.

I know the hepa-filter sure isen't going to hurt anything, but just wondering if any one else uses them.

I do the same here Kelly… I used to buy the expensive ones too, and now I just buy the cheapo pack… Lol I could probably get a hepa filter for me, but I just haven't done so yet. Let me know if you see a difference w/Vegas, I may have to get one too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have Oreck air machine with the washable "truman filter". I have always had them-not for allergies(knock on my head) but because I didn't want my house to smell like dog.
A woman I work for has asthma, and I never thought of this-but when she has a faN on, she has a furnace filter on the back side of it. It collects any dust that might blow through the fan. It keeps the fan clean and catches any dust. when you can see it getting dirty-you just put a new one on it. I thought that was a great idea. Maybe everyone but me knew about that!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.