Bulldog Friendly Furniture.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] OMG your 1st post was funny, the one with pics not so funny! I just cannot beleive sweet innocent Bertie would do that <o...I think someone snuck in to your house, yes like a beaver, and did it! Lola took care of our old coffee table but since then we have new furniture and so far so good with Brodie...now he has chewed on the window moulding but that can be easily fixed, i guess.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We keep a flannel sheet over the loveseat that HRH gets on. It's the same color as the microfiber fabric and doesn't show her hair. We just swap it out once a week and wash it, thats easier than trying to get it all vacuumed out of the loveseat. I put a robe on over my office clothes before I sit on it when I'm dressed for work in the morning so I don't wear too much fur to work. of course we've joked already that one of these mornings I'm going to forget to take the robe off before I put my coat on and I'll end up wearing it to work. :lol:

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] OMG your 1st post was funny, the one with pics not so funny! I just cannot beleive sweet innocent Bertie would do that <o...I think someone snuck in to your house, yes like a beaver, and did it! Lola took care of our old coffee table but since then we have new furniture and so far so good with Brodie...now he has chewed on the window moulding but that can be easily fixed, i guess.

She hasn't chewed on anything other then her toys or rawhides in quite some time!...knock on already chewed wood! LOL
She is out of the puppy chewing stage I think...she still will grab my shoes every now and then, but for the most part, after the bedroom, she quit chewing on the furniture.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
My couch isn't the best...we bought it when we had our dalmatian and we didn't let him on it. Enter Vegas. He abuses my couch and my couch pillows. I've shared this photo many times...but I'm sharing it again. I would suggest leather. Easier to wipe down. We have leather seats in the Yukon and I love it. Wish I could wipe down this pillow as easily. :down:

OMG, Chunk sits the exact same way! Pillow is always under his butt or his head if he's laying down! Makes me crazy because now I don't lay on them!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
She hasn't chewed on anything other then her toys or rawhides in quite some time!...knock on already chewed wood! LOL
She is out of the puppy chewing stage I think...she still will grab my shoes every now and then, but for the most part, after the bedroom, she quit chewing on the furniture.

Did you ever try the "indestructible bone"? I got it at PetSmart ... it's about $18-20 but it really is almost indestructible! We bought one for my husband's pit bull (and he is WAY more of a chewer than our Chunk) and it has lasted years! Chunk now has one too (after he chewed my wicker chair) and he now chews on that everyday instead of my chair! Best investment we've made.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I have never heard of these...I am going to have to go in Petsmart and see if they have one. I'll try it...if it lasts longer then a week with Bertie, it's worth the price!

If not at PetSmart, try Petco but I'm pretty sure it was PetSmart! Tank (the pit bull) destroys EVERY TOY except for it! It's actually amazing to watch him chew it because you can see every muscle in his body. He really, really chews hard! Thankfully Chunk's (our EB) only vice was my wicker chair - but we don't give him anything besides that bone and tennis balls. Oh and a few of the teeth cleaner type plastic bones because they are pretty tough too!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I was looking on google and I see a nylabone, called an indestructable bone...I also see another one that says it floats and is nearly indestructable. Any idea who makes the one you are talking about?

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Let me know how she does! :) Hope it helps!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Re: Bulldog Friendly Furniture. I think 're-rod' and plate-steel' would need to be part of the construction material list. LOL

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad to hear leather is the majority choice ... I have a microfiber sofa and cleaning it daily is KILLING ME! I've been able to keep the fur off with a couch cover, however Chunk pulls the cover off the arms and drools on it leaving spots. Yuck. He also makes the cover into a blanket regularly, which makes me crazy! I was afraid with leather that it would scratch or puncture from their nails (I keep them as short and as smooth as possible but still), anyone have that problem?

My three beds piled on top of each other but Mommy's couch is being left alone!
IMG_8643.jpg

What do you mean this isn't a blanket?!
IMG_1494.jpg

If I can't see her, she can't see me.
IMG_9999.jpg

Daddy did it, not me Mommy. I told him not to, I swear!
IMG_1520.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.