Bulldog Friendly Furniture.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
I wanted to get some input about furniture, we have soft cloth couches that our baby has destroyed. What kind of material do you have that holds up to your bully? Any ideas or:confused: recommendations? We are in the process of redecorating, putting down laminate and we need new furniture. Thanks for the input.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Well, I have a leather sectional in one living room and a Micro Fiber sofa in the other. The leather couch for me is sooo much easier to clean. I can just wipe the hair off and clean it with leather conditioner.
The Micro Fiber is a nightmare to clean. I really dont let him get on it though, but if he sneaks on it, cleaning the hair off is a real pain. Those little hairs really get in there and are tough to get out.
Now if he is scratching or chewing on it thats another story......:angry:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Leather, leather, leather, leather! Trust me!

Tell sales rep at the furniture store that you are looking for leather that cleans up easily and will withstand dog wear and tear, including nails - not every leather (particularly not the most expensive kinds) stands up to dogs!

Our couch has been jumped on, peed on, puked on, rolled on, had Desitin smeared over it, poop smeared on it, shed on, and everything in between that comes with having two bullies. 2 minutes of wiping down returns it to beautiful condition in no time!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My girls don't get on the furniture, unless one is sitting in my lap, so guess I have no suggestions. Our furniture is sort of a corduroy type stuff and it's holding up fine. We have grandkids, so it's seen lots of action!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie loves furniture! She ate the bed! I used to have a beautiful bedroom set, but now it looks like something that was made with wood that the beavers chewed on. I will take some pictures and post of it...it's hard to believe that my sweet little girl could have done it! On a side note, her treeth are so pretty and white! LOL

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION]
I really want to see the photos!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My couch isn't the best...we bought it when we had our dalmatian and we didn't let him on it. Enter Vegas. He abuses my couch and my couch pillows. I've shared this photo many times...but I'm sharing it again. I would suggest leather. Easier to wipe down. We have leather seats in the Yukon and I love it. Wish I could wipe down this pillow as easily. :down:

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
It's not easy finding the right material, what works best for us is a cross between a heavy close knit courdiroy and a burlap. Make sure that it is scotchguarded. I hate leather because this old man kinda likes to lounge around the house sometimes in shorts and t-shirts. Weeeeeeeell, iffin you
do that........you'll sweat on leather and stick to it like a magnet to a fridge. You'll have to peel yourself off your furniture. I hates that!!!!!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Here you go Libra926, not sure if it looks like a beaver did it or termites! And then you see little Bertie looking all innocent!
It actually doesn't look so bad in these pics...but in person it really does look alot worse.

bed5.jpg

bed6.jpg

bed4.jpg

bed3.jpg

bed2.jpg

Last edited:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
awwww. I believe her. She says she didn't do it.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
awwww. I believe her. She says she didn't do it.

She really is a good girl! I have to give her rawhides to chew on (only when I am home) and that seems to have fixed her chewing fixation. The first time I saw that bed, I almost had a heart attack! And Bertie was just there looking so happy!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I have leather couches, recliners, and 2 microfiber sets of theatre seats. The microfiber is hard to keep clean of slobber, the leather furniture is easy to clean. I have a wood chair i sit on at my computer my little nut chewed on the leg. I keep a close eye on him otherwise which is a job in and of itself. The less wood exposed, the better.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I agree, leather all the way ! We've had our leather furnature since we had Cassie. That was 10 1/2 years now. We never stuck to it because we kept the house pretty cool for the old girl...she hated hot weather. Belly has been caught chewing on it but so far no damage done

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] I love it! Of course because it is your house and not mine. ;) I think she was trying to help redecorate a little. That is the newest fashion, didnt you know?!?!
No help on the furniture question, ours is a fabric of some sort and the hair is dang near impossible to get off.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I would say leather too but I havent had any problems with Silva destroying furniture except a few chews on my daughters dresser and under my bed from when she was a puppy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.