How often do you give your EBD a bath?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
3 wks to 4 wks or whenever Curly wants to become a black EB by rolling in the mud.

And I notice it takes about 4+ hours for him to air dry. His fur is so thick compared to my other two dogs who only take an hour to dry.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
It's very strange to me how much difference there is with people/dogs. Some people bathe their dogs twice a year and some twice a month. I don't give my boys a bath often enough sometimes and they start to smell. I had surgery and was unable to give them a bath for a month, maybe 6 weeks. They smelled so bad it was making the house stink. My guys need a bath pretty often. I can put it off by spraying the smelly deodorant stuff on them and rubbing them down with a towel, but it don't make them clean, it just cuts down the doggy smell. Also, I always use baby shampoo on my boys faces, actually their whole head and ears. I like the lavender best.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Farley has to be bathed twice a week and wiped down in between. If he goes to long he get very greasy, itchy and stinky. Vet has us using a medicated shampoo for this at the moment. I hope to not have to do as often one day, but it does keep his skin in the best condition this way.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We are really lucky that Frank hasn't had many skin issues and doesn't roll in anything smelly, so we just bathe him 2-3 times a year. That is fine by me because he is such a pain in the booty when he has to take a bath.

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
I'm a groomer and I have a hard time not bathing Brutus at least once a month. It's all a routine for me. Bath and nails, ears, tail pocket.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy is also an apartment dog but I take her to dog parks at least once every 10 days, besides our regular walks and day care. If I don't bathe her at least 1x a month she smells like a dog! I like when she smells like an "oatmeal ball" so we can cuddle and sleep together!!!!

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Walter gets a bath one of 2 ways
1. starts to get the sour smell
2. lays in the bathtub and wines until i fill the tub

now that we have a new baby, Walter thinks he gets to have a bath everytime we give our other baby a bath

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Usually about 4 times a year unless they get into something stinky

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls geta bath about 2-3 times a year. Wrinkles get cleaned every 48 hours and tail pockets about the same but they stay smelling good and I use a lavender spritzer on them I make so they are always springy fresh.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.