How often do you give your EBD a bath?

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I am curious how often do EBD need to be bathed? I usually do it every two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
maybe 2x a year... sometimes 3 if necessary

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
With Vegas's environmental allergies I give him a bath about every 3 weeks with a special medicated shampoo. The shampoo helps with his itching.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Only when needed. ...2-4 times a year. Paws more often.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Once per week in the summer, he just seems to get smellier. And I try for every 2 weeks in the winter.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
In the 2.5 months we've had Chubbs, I've only given him 1 bath. Any dirt seems to just come right off when I wipe it away.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]: besides the obvious (allergies), is there a reason you bathe less than those who do it every 2-3 weeks? [MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION]: why every 2 weeks in the winter? Chubbs is our first ebd so very curious about the whole bathing differences.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In the 2.5 months we've had Chubbs, I've only given him 1 bath. Any dirt seems to just come right off when I wipe it away.
@2BullyMama: besides the obvious (allergies), is there a reason you bathe less than those who do it every 2-3 weeks? @g8erjackie: why every 2 weeks in the winter? Chubbs is our first ebd so very curious about the whole bathing differences.

batheing too much is not good for the oils/coat... so I only bathe when they really need it, I wipe their coats with baby wipes at times, but for the most part they are indoor babies, so not much dirt to be had unles they happen to roll around in the mug or get in a dirt fight :D

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
batheing too much is not good for the oils/coat... so I only bathe when they really need it, I wipe their coats with baby wipes at times, but for the most part they are indoor babies, so not much dirt to be had unles they happen to roll around in the mug or get in a dirt fight :D

Haha, dirt fight! :lol: Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I wasn't aware of the oils in the coat. She's my first dog and I am still learning about the breed .

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha, dirt fight! :lol: Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

When Pork Chop visits grandpa she gets a bath that evening lol rolls in the dirt and grass just has a blast . She's an apt dog .

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea gets a bath once a week. When she had MRSA she got a bath twice a week.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]: besides the obvious (allergies), is there a reason you bathe less than those who do it every 2-3 weeks? [MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION]: why every 2 weeks in the winter? Chubbs is our first ebd so very curious about the whole bathing differences.
[MENTION=12912]binxrexchubbs[/MENTION] I bathe him less in the winter because it just gets so cold. I try to dry him with the hairdryer, but that isn't his favorite thing. I bathe Ruckus more often than others because while he is an inside dog he makes up for that by romping hard and rolling on the dirt when he is outside. He also had a few skin issues that I feel are kept at bay by using either a peroxide shampoo or the Duoxo shampoo. I also have a moisturizing regular doggie shampoo for unexpected baths, like if he accidentally steps in dog poo on a walk.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was watching a video about UGA the mascot ( EBD) for the University of Georgia interesting they wash his face with baby shampoo. I haven't thought of that for my girl, Pork Chop.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.